What is your favorite Gopher memory of 2022?

Mo setting the four all-time Gophers rushing records yesterday: 1. Season yardage (1665), 2. Season touchdowns (20) 3. Single-season carries (320) 4. Career rushing yards (4668).

Wow. Some serious history making there.

I've been a fan of this school/team/program since I was a little boy back in 1970's, and Mo's moments yesterday will probably be my all-time favorite Gopher memories. Really, really special.

Winning the Axe again was great. Though gotta say at the time, that beating MSU, getting to 4-0 and being ranked 21 in the country was a fine time to be a Gopher Fan.

Watching the Gophers beat Wisconsin in Madison and touching the Axe as the team left the field. That was my final game as a student and it couldn’t have gone any better. I feel lucky that I finished 7-0 in road games as a U of M student. Ski U Mah!
Wait a second. You were seriously 7-0 in road games? That’s crazy, you must have a horseshoe up your ass lol.

Wait a second. You were seriously 7-0 in road games? That’s crazy, you must have a horseshoe up your ass lol.
The 7 I went to were by no means the hardest games like the Whiteout this year. This is a list of the road games I went to as a student.

@Northwestern 2019
Auburn Outback Bowl 2020
@Colorado 2021
@Indiana 2021
@Michigan State 2022
@Nebraska 2022
@Wisconsin 2022

I’m lucky I was able to make it to that many road games over 3 years. Even luckier that I didn’t see a loss lol.

Watching the Gophers beat Wisconsin in Madison and touching the Axe as the team left the field. That was my final game as a student and it couldn’t have gone any better. I feel lucky that I finished 7-0 in road games as a U of M student. Ski U Mah!
You need to plan to attend more road games!

The 7 I went to were by no means the hardest games like the Whiteout this year. This is a list of the road games I went to as a student.

@Northwestern 2019
Auburn Outback Bowl 2020
@Colorado 2021
@Indiana 2021
@Michigan State 2022
@Nebraska 2022
@Wisconsin 2022

I’m lucky I was able to make it to that many road games over 3 years. Even luckier that I didn’t see a loss lol.
Regardless of the schedule, 7-0 is incredible. I’m way below .500 going back to ‘86 but I go to Madison and Iowa city a lot which are tough places to win.

After a quick tally in my head I’m somewhere around 9-13 overall including bowl games.

Last edited:

I was in Boston and we got smoked by a rival. I was in Madison and we beat our arch rival. No comparison IMO. But I love our hockey team!
Yeah I meant making the frozen four not the semifinal game itself.

@Northwestern 2019
Auburn Outback Bowl 2020
@Colorado 2021
@Indiana 2021
@Michigan State 2022
@Nebraska 2022
@Wisconsin 2022

Incredible. I'm like 1-9, mostly IA and WI games with a couple OSU and MI ones

With a few minutes left on the clock and all of the Wisconsin fans around me sprinting (or should I say waddling) for the exits. Our fellas took the Badgers will two years in a row and it was fun to see live at my first visit to Madison for a game.

With a few minutes left on the clock and all of the Wisconsin fans around me sprinting (or should I say waddling) for the exits. Our fellas took the Badgers will two years in a row and it was fun to see live at my first visit to Madison for a game.
They are a special breed of fans aren’t they!

Are you going to UNC next year?
Let’s keep the magus going!

The rout of MSU was fun. First game in awhile that I was at where I felt like we were dominating. In hindsight, MSU wasn't as good as we thought, but that doesn't take away the memories of what it felt like at the time.

The rout of MSU was fun. First game in awhile that I was at where I felt like we were dominating. In hindsight, MSU wasn't as good as we thought, but that doesn't take away the memories of what it felt like at the time.
Same.

Top Bottom