What is with all the Pro Nebraska (Gophers suck) articles in the Strib this morning?

GoGophers2005

Reaction score
So TCF Bank will now be overun with Cornhuskers.
Gophers have lost 14 straight.
Outscored 500-14 the past 8 games.
Blah, blah, blah

Okay we get it, we were a bad team the last time we played the Huskers. Heck, the Gophers didn't hit rock bottom for another 6 years with Wacker. But can any of these columnists understand that we last played Nebraska 20 years ago? I personally think the Gophers and the program are night and day from what Nebraska last experienced. New stadium, consistant bowl games, nice recruiting.

On the otherhand, this isn't the Nebraska program of the 70's, 80's, and 90's either. I think they have come back to earth.

Just amazing the negativity everyone has in this town before a game is even played.

Nebs glory days are over

If I remember right Texas Tech put up 70 some points on Neb in Lincoln a few years ago so it not like they have walked on water the last 20 years.

When Penn State came into the Big 10 their fans thought PS would dominate the conference. They have been a good team but far from dominate I would say. I think the same thing will happen with Neb. Wisconsin, Iowa, Ohio State, Penn State and, yes, Minnesota are not the same as Iowa State, Kansas, Baylor, Colorado. Top to bottom, I think the Big 10 is a much tougher conference than the big 12 and Neb will be a good, but not great, team in the conference.

Do you actually think the slob columnist would pass up this chance to piss off Gopher fans? This was like a Jesse Crain fastball down the middle for him.

That's all the idiots on KFAN were saying yesterday too. Every time Nebraska was mentioned so was 84-13...and I mean every fricking time.....it was a joke

Reusse's column conviently forgets how tough our NC schedule has become most years. We are not "hiding" from difficult teams. This crap gets so old. Of course the only way to stop it is to to get resuls on the field.

The Huskers had a few down years largely due to Cosgrove and Callahan. Nebraska appears to beon th way back with a to 10 preseason ranking and a very good recruiting class along with a very good coaching staff. With the recruiting, facilities, fan support, and coaching they have it will be very difficult for Minnesta to compete with the cosistently.

What good does it do to complain and whine about the columinists in this town writing stuff like this? It's not going to stop until we start winning and beating, regularly, the likes of Iowa, Wisconsin and now Nebraska. It is what it is.........winning will stop giving them ammunition.

The Huskers had a few down years largely due to Cosgrove and Callahan. Nebraska appears to beon th way back with a to 10 preseason ranking and a very good recruiting class along with a very good coaching staff. With the recruiting, facilities, fan support, and coaching they have it will be very difficult for Minnesota to compete with the cosistently.

The only thing you list that they have and we don't is fan support, otherwise our coaching staff, facilities, and recruiting are as good as theirs.

The only thing you list that they have and we don't is fan support, otherwise our coaching staff, facilities, and recruiting are as good as theirs.

Keep telling yourself that enough and maybe you will believe it.

Just went to the Strib to see what all was written there. Kent Youngblood, and his Gridiron Gold Blog's last entry was May 12. Are you friggin' serious? I guess there has not been enough going on in College football to merit a new article.

That's all the idiots on KFAN were saying yesterday too. Every time Nebraska was mentioned so was 84-13...and I mean every fricking time.....it was a joke

Yeah, the KFAN guys are absolutely brutal. I was listening to Dave Sinikin (sp?) and he was blabbering on and on about how crappy the Big Ten was and how Nebraska was taking a step backwards in joining the league. He, too, went into how the Cornhusker fans will invade TCF Bank Stadium, blah, blah. To top it off, Sinikin really showed his true college football expertise by talking about how Boise State just joined a BCS league by going to the Mountain West and was surprised that they left BYU behind. Then the producer says BYU is now in the Mountain West, too, and Sinikin says "well they used to be in the WAC." I could go on with all of the misinformation he was giving. It was an absolute embarrassment.

it is mn it is the strib. no other explanation needed. sad.

Yeah, the KFAN guys are absolutely brutal. I was listening to Dave Sinikin (sp?) and he was blabbering on and on about how crappy the Big Ten was and how Nebraska was taking a step backwards in joining the league. He, too, went into how the Cornhusker fans will invade TCF Bank Stadium, blah, blah. To top it off, Sinikin really showed his true college football expertise by talking about how Boise State just joined a BCS league by going to the Mountain West and was surprised that they left BYU behind. Then the producer says BYU is now in the Mountain West, too, and Sinikin says "well they used to be in the WAC." I could go on with all of the misinformation he was giving. It was an absolute embarrassment.

Sinyken went to IU, so that explains the lack of college football knowledge.

If I remember right Texas Tech put up 70 some points on Neb in Lincoln a few years ago so it not like they have walked on water the last 20 years.

When Penn State came into the Big 10 their fans thought PS would dominate the conference. They have been a good team but far from dominate I would say. I think the same thing will happen with Neb. Wisconsin, Iowa, Ohio State, Penn State and, yes, Minnesota are not the same as Iowa State, Kansas, Baylor, Colorado. Top to bottom, I think the Big 10 is a much tougher conference than the big 12 and Neb will be a good, but not great, team in the conference.

I seem to recall your current defensive coordinator was the wizard of that defensive wonder.

I seem to recall your current defensive coordinator was the wizard of that defensive wonder.

Yeah and their present Head Coach, a Defensive genius gave up 53 and 62. Stats are fun huh?

Yeah and their present Head Coach, a Defensive genius gave up 53 and 62. Stats are fun huh?

Yet it took that head coach only 2 years to turn the 112th ranked Cosgrove defense into the 1st ranked in the country, stats are fun.

it is mn it is the strib. no other explanation needed. sad.

That paper is not fit for the bottom of my bird cage. Why does anyone still read it? Not just for sports. For anything.

Yep and Cosgrove, and Lee, took the Gophers Scoring Defense, which finished 109th in the country in scoring defense in 2007 and 61 under Roof in 2009 to 18th in the country last year.

(I quit waiting for you to post the improvement. :))

Iceland, I just put this in another thread, but the NCAA disagrees with you (they list us at 51st last year). Where are you getting your stat?

not kidding

I bought a strib to wrap up my fish guts. You people read that thing?

Gophers just have to beat the likes of Nebraska, Wisky, and Iowa and the writers will turn around...

Top Bottom