What is the U doing to crank up the students?

Jon

Reaction score
Last year the student section upper deck was often not full or maybe empty. What is the U doing to get the students engaged? Last year for an away game they opened the stadium and played the game on the big screen. People brought blankets going down on the field, they gave away knickknacks and it was fun but a bit rainy. I called over there today and after getting transferred around and cut off a few times talked to a gal. She said they had a bunch of events and there was too much noise….

Maybe others have different info; but for me it is important to get the students loud and involved on game day. Maybe having the games start later will help some… thougts...

Well they gave away free stuff to the students who bought them within the first couple weeks after they went on sale (I won a $50 Goldy's Locker Room gift card)....that's all I got. And even the giveaway was terribly advertised. Only place I heard or saw about it was on the ticket page at gophersports.

Something called Crank Dat Gopher Boy

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/l209xt_YraM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm a freshman at the U this year and we just had our spirit thing when we make the M on the field, and I've gotta say, I have never been more excited for a sporting event in my life, and I'm just talking about next Saturday. Coach Kill gave a great speech about supporting the team through the ups and the downs, and everyone was chanting his name by the end of it. They taught us all of the cheers and it was pretty loud. We did a "We are Minnesota" cheer though, and it was the loudest I've ever heard the student section, and it was only the lower level filled. I don't know if it will carry over to attendance at games, but I know a lot of students are still buzzing about last night.

Something called Crank Dat Gopher Boy

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/l209xt_YraM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Yet another poor imitation of a Wisconsin idea. Thanks for being so creative Joel Maturi and staff.

I believe that you should read one of the 1,000 other threads that talk about this topic.

WINNING SOLVES EVERYTHING!

Top Bottom