What is the ideal number of night games?

What would be the ideal number of night games for you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Goldmember

Reaction score
In your opinion, what would be the ideal number of night games for TCF Bank Stadium to host? Television complications notwithstanding, assume that one game every other year is at 2:30 PM, and 11 AM in the odd years. And a absolute minimum of 1 night game on the BTN.

So, your choices are limited to 1-6 games that kick-off between 6 PM and 7:30 PM.

I would like to see half of them, at least. So, given your range... I'd say 3. More importantly, I'd love to see the number of 11:00 AM kick offs to be ZERO.

Due to a schedule conflict that doesn't allow me to go to afternoon games, I'd like to see all home BCS games at night.

All games starting between 1 and 2 pm.

I am with you. Hated the 6:30P games on Fri and Sat. friends and family would ask me "don't the gophs play today?" as the scroll would roll on the TV. Unless you are Ohio you fall off the map with an odd schedule.

As many night games as possible.. Had a blast at the AF and MSU games last year.. Seeing the stadium at night after the game is a thing of beauty. Adversely, I'd like to see ZERO 11am kick off games. I work 2nd shift, and while I'm more than willing to get up early on Saturday morning to get to the stadium and all.. I wouldn't mind being able to sleep in, either. Heh.

I can give you a % chance of that happening....

I had heard a rumor a few months back that when our ESPN TV deal is up the start times will be either 1:30 ET or 7:30 ET for all B10 games, with marquee games on ABC/CBS/FOX/NBC (whoever wins the bid) and all others on BTN.

I'd take all night games. The "experience" gets ratched up a few notches during night games.

As many night games as possible.. Had a blast at the AF and MSU games last year.. Seeing the stadium at night after the game is a thing of beauty. Adversely, I'd like to see ZERO 11am kick off games. I work 2nd shift, and while I'm more than willing to get up early on Saturday morning to get to the stadium and all.. I wouldn't mind being able to sleep in, either. Heh.

The lights, longer pre-game tailgates, and the absolutely electric energy level make night games at the Bank absolutely fantastic. I'll take as many as I can get.

We're still going to play them in an outdoor stadium, right?

Anything outside, at any time is better than the TV arena that shall not be named.

Daytime or night time is fine with me, but my preference would be to start no earlier than noon (central time), but TV will never allow that...not just for the U, but for all programs.

Can't answer -

Ideal would be 5 games between 1-2:30pm and maybe 2 at night

If the alternative is 11am then I'd prefer all of them at night

Top Bottom