What is Kevin Whaley doing this year?

gopher1956

Banned
Reaction score
Whaley was going to be a great addition to the gophers last year until he "shot" himself again. What team is he on this year? :D

Wherever Kevin W. is I hope he gets things turned around for himself. That being said there is no way I would trade to get him back for Kirkwood.

Whaley

Whaley was going to be a great addition to the gophers last year until he "shot" himself again. What team is he on this year? :D

He enrolled at University of TN - Martin. He practiced with the team for several weeks and left sometime before April. I found no other information about him. I too hope he turns his life around.

Here's an article:

Where's Kevin Whaley?
Kevin Whaley, the former Salem High School football star, apparently hasn't stuck at a new school since leaving the University of Minnesota early this year.

Whaley's short stint at Tennessee-Martin is over. On Thursday, Ryne Rickman, an athletic communications assistant at UT-M, told me Whaley had indeed worked out with the team for a few weeks, but he has since left and not returned: "No word on his whereabouts."

Whaley, a running back who left Salem as South Hampton Roads' all-time leading rusher, was released from his scholarship in Minnesota after being arrested and charged with assault outside a nightclub. That incident - on New Year's Day after the Gophers played in the Insight Bowl game in Scottsdale, Ariz. - led to Whaley's suspension and ultimately his departure. Minnesota officials said Whaley planned to transfer.

Whaley became the area's all-time leading rusher and scorer while at Salem in Virginia Beach from 2004-07.

As a redshirt freshman last season, Whaley was Minnesota's second-leading rusher. He sat out his first year at Minnesota while recovering from a gunshot wound he suffered in Virginia Beach.

Link:

http://hamptonroads.com/2010/04/wheres-kevin-whaley

It's a shame that people can be that self-destructive. There are plenty of athletes who see a college scholarship as the brass ring. Getting that college degree - without racking up huge debts - can be a real life changer.

Top Bottom