What is Brewster's buyout

Handsome Pete

Wartime Hero Fool
Reaction score
I heard it was in the neighborhood of $400K. That cannot be right. Does anyone know what it really is?

I thought it was even less. 200K maybe? Little enough that it's not even a factor.

Ahhh.. Didn't think it was that little. I thought it was like $500k or higher.

The low buyout was one smart move by Maturi - now if only he has a winning 1A coach texting him for the job!

The buyout is $200k/yr for each year remaining on his contract.

The low buyout was one smart move by Maturi - now if only he has a winning 1A coach texting him for the job!

I'm horrible at math, so please correct me if I'm wrong. If he got fired at the end of this season, without an extension, he would of had one year left on his contract - so that would be 400K plus any termination fee

Now, with 3 full years left after this year, he gets 1/2 of the 400K per year, so that would be 600K.

If these numbers are correct - that means that a coach, that Maturi himself was on record saying that he expected only 5-6 wins from, is going to get 200K more that he would of pre-extension if he gets fired after this season (as many thought he would).

Here's another article:

http://www.startribune.com/sports/g...cyaiUjc8LDyiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUr

Top Bottom