What improvements do you hope to see in game #2?

I want to see a couple down field completions. Stretch the field a little bit.

Better o-line play. It was concerning to see EIs success with their blitz packages. Also hurt our passing attack.....which we will need to establish this year if we want to keep up when conference play starts. I'll throw h-back play in there as well. Whoever is playing the position needs to do a better job of picking up the defenders attacking around the edge.

Nothing really concerning on ST or defense. Obviously the QB option was somewhat concerning.....but it doesn't sound like we will have to worry too much about that in game two. A few missed tackles could be picked up I suppose.

Better o-line play. It was concerning to see EIs success with their blitz packages. Also hurt our passing attack.....which we will need to establish this year if we want to keep up when conference play starts. I'll throw h-back play in there as well. Whoever is playing the position needs to do a better job of picking up the defenders attacking around the edge.

Improved OL blocking across the board.

I was concerned about the OL going into the season and have more concerns after the EIU game. We need Lauer back in there and field a consistent unit. Allowing 7 TFL's and 2 sacks is unacceptable against a team like EIU. I want to see domination up front and sustained drives.

It will be interesting to see who plays at Hback.

The DL also had concerns and much more now after the injuries. The young guys will have to learn under fire. We will face an inexperienced QB Saturday so I want to see the guys make his day a miserable one, not a memorable one.

Everyone knows that solid line play is the key to success. Without it, we will struggle to get to a bowl game. We have to get a lot better on both sides of the ball and quickly if we hope to get 4 NC wins.

#1. This team needs to establish the fact they can throw the ball. Yes we are a run first team but when it comes to TCU and then in the Big Ten we must have established a passing game. If we don't they will stuff the run and then we will have to throw the ball more without being prepared. We need to win the game but no reason we shouldn't be able to put some numbers up through the air to force teams to prepare for it. The threat will open up more down the road.

#2. Stay healthy.

#3. Make the big plays. Convert 3rd downs, stop 3rd down conversions, and make teams pay for mistakes.

#4. Start the first half and the second half strong. Come out of the locker room strong.

If Dr.Don was going to the game he would say keep the short lines at the "Beer Garden". According to my son there is no lines there since you can now buy beer at the concession stands.

If Dr.Don was going to the game he would say keep the short lines at the "Beer Garden". According to my son there is no lines there since you can now buy beer at the concession stands.

They have kiosks all over the place. I've been able to walk down the steps....buy a beer....and get back to my seat before the game is back from commercial.

They have kiosks all over the place. I've been able to walk down the steps....buy a beer....and get back to my seat before the game is back from commercial.

You, my friend, are my type of fan.

Top Bottom