What If The U offered a Media Day

husker70

Reaction score
Where they could bring cameras, video, recorderers and take a complete tour of TCF Bank Stadium? Kind of a kick off feature for newspapers, TV, radio, internet. A chance to stand in the locker room. The recruiting room. The Visitors Locker room, the field, the club seats, shots from all seats in the place. Kind of an all access pass.

Who would be there, what would they do, when would they release it.

Well, so far 2 minutes on 9, nothing on 5, nothing in either paper.

What more could we do to get the media's attention? Buy them a drink?

Thanks gopherhole, you were there and did it all. :clap:

Its also blogs on both papers with nothing, I don't listen to the radio home of The Gophers anymore but I cannot imagine Minne Max doing anything.

The coverage is deafening.

Rosen's second part of sports was all stadium

Showed the field, locker room & the recruiting lounge.

Where they could bring cameras, video, recorderers and take a complete tour of TCF Bank Stadium? Kind of a kick off feature for newspapers, TV, radio, internet. A chance to stand in the locker room. The recruiting room. The Visitors Locker room, the field, the club seats, shots from all seats in the place. Kind of an all access pass.

Who would be there, what would they do, when would they release it.

Well, so far 2 minutes on 9, nothing on 5, nothing in either paper.

What more could we do to get the media's attention? Buy them a drink?

Thanks gopherhole, you were there and did it all. :clap:

Its also blogs on both papers with nothing, I don't listen to the radio home of The Gophers anymore but I cannot imagine Minne Max doing anything.

The coverage is deafening.

I'm sure a lot of the stations are getting thier footage compiled into stories and will break them out the week of the first game. I know for sure the papers will...its still too early for the casual observer....wait until the week before the game, it will be all TCF all week...

Thankfully a certain ex-quarterback down in Mississippi

decided to stay retired. Given that Air Force game is the opening weekend of the NFL season TCF Bank Stadium would have taken a back seat to the Brett Favre circus for the local media.

You Are Correct

And the very best reason (among a half a dozen or so) why the non-signing of His Highness of Hattiesburg was met with joy and relief in ol' Spermy's "underground lair".

Husker, you forgot to mention Darcy Poland on Ch 4 rolling down the field pretending to score a touchdown yelling "the 10, the 5, TOUCHDOWN". That footage was You Tube worthy from yesterdays 5:00 and 6:00 broadcasts.

Husker, you forgot to mention Darcy Poland on Ch 4 rolling down the field pretending to score a touchdown yelling "the 10, the 5, TOUCHDOWN". That footage was You Tube worthy from yesterdays 5:00 and 6:00 broadcasts.

I can't say enough good things about Darcy - she is just about an enthusiast fan as they get. She's top notch, it was a pleasure to tour with her (twice now). Keep in mind too - that's the advantage of having a website - we can post and write as much as we want. Newspapers and TV have very limited time/space.

Thank you Husker though, for your kind words.

Trust me, the newspapers will deliver

The east metro paper will have some cool stuff in the paper and online. I'm pretty sure the westsiders will have a lot of coverage, too. Make sure you buy a PP on the Sunday after. They have something pretty cool planned.

Thanks for the info, Gophs. I'm looking forward to whatever the PP has planned! I've purposely avoided buying a PP since their "big story" in March of 1999. I think I've done it twice in 10 years. I'll make it 3 times on 9-13-09!

Top Bottom