What if Michigan squeeks its way into the NCAA Tourney

akoch6767

Reaction score
18-11...8-8 in the conference I believe...Correct me if I'm wrong...A few solid wins....It could legitimately happen.

Correction 8-9. Today if the tourney started Michigan would be in according to Lunardi. That just really shocks me. The gophers played like crap against them, but in my opinion we are a much better team than Michigan even without Nolen.

Then they'd deserve it...

(they're 18-12 overall and 8-9 in B10 play though, not 18-11 and 8-8).

Sparty @ Michigan "play-in"

If Michigan slips in by the narrowest of margins, the win over the Gophers will have played a large part.

Assuming Sparty beats Iowa mid-week, I'm pretty much looking at Saturday's Sparty (9-8) @ Michigan (8-9) game as a NCAA play-in. The winner's going to be in really good shape for a NCAA bid, the loser likely will have to do a little extra damage in Indianapolis.

Michigan is playing really well right now. Even if they don't make the dance (I think they will), they will be dangerous next year.

I was impressed with Michigan as well, much more impressed with them than Michigan State or Illinois. Never thought I'd be saying this, but I'll be surprised if Sparty goes into Crisler Arena this weekend and wins that one.

I don't think MSU is going to have any issues as long as they beat Iowa.

I don't think MSU is going to have any issues as long as they beat Iowa.

For the most part I agree, but in terms of feeling completely safe about a NCAA bid, Sparty would be well served to finish 2-0.

Top Bottom