What I Would Like to See....

andy

Reaction score
1) Start Colt every game and give him a lot of minutes (dependent on foul trouble). He missed a few gimmes, sure, but he goes at the rim at least twice as aggressively as Sampson. He also is our only consistent rebounder besides DJ.

2) Play Rodney Williams if, for no other reason, he brings enthusiasm and excitement to the court. Our upperclassmen seem like the most dour and depressed group I've ever seen in maroon and gold. Believe it or not, that often translates into dour and depressing basketball.

3) Work the ball into the post every time we are running the offense out of the half-court set. Do it until teams HAVE to collapse, and then watch, magically, as our 3-point % climbs. We did this well early in the A&M game, and lo and behold, we led for much of the first half. Then, when the Aggies started dropping bombs on us, we got panicky and started to jack it up from outside also.

I agree with you definitely! I'm not one of those negative "oh no! season's over now!" people, but the gophers do need to figure out how to be more effective on offense...

That being said, I guarantee you that Tubby knows what he is doing and that whatever we post can't be anything he's not already thought of, or is planning on doing.

starting lineup

I thought the starting lineup against the Aggies did pretty well. I loved pounding it inside.

I wouldnt mind seeing that group start again.

Top Bottom