What happened to stroking the post?

go4rube

By the Beard of Zeus!
Reaction score
We have seen 8 men in the box all season. Why haven't we stroked the post more often? Have not seen much of any deep passes to keep their safeties honest.

Discuss...

I have a feeling there was a lot of stroking the post going on rather than game planning for Saturday.

Too many passes look like" wounded ducks" and the completion % is no where near anyone respecting the passing game. Last week, OSU loaded the box vs. the Badgers and Wilson was 18-21 and killed them for doing it. Expect Miami to put 8 in the box and dare Gray to beat them with his arm again.

Too many passes look like" wounded ducks" and the completion % is no where near anyone respecting the passing game. Last week, OSU loaded the box vs. the Badgers and Wilson was 18-21 and killed them for doing it. Expect Miami to put 8 in the box and dare Gray to beat them with his arm again.

That is my thought also. I believe the coaches do not have enough faith in our qbs to make that throw. Based on the passing I have seen so far, I believe that is a correct assessment.

I agree, plus the O-line isn't giving Q a lot of time to really take to many shots down field. So a mix between not sustaining blocks long enough and BOTH of our QB's completion percentage are playing a factor in our "Stroking the Post."

I normally don't complain about play calling. With that said, I am disappointed that all I see is runs between the guards into a stacked line followed by 15 yard passes to the deep receiver trather than the short one. The o line has not moved out anyone. Running off tackle, 5 yard slants, and 7 yard hooks will control the ball and keep the chains moving. Bright note...great call on the reverse!

Top Bottom