What Happened to Rodney Williams?

Wasn't sure where else to post this, but as of Thursday NBADraft.Net has Trevor and Rodney going back to back in the second round at picks 44 and 45 to the Lakers and Bucks.

For all everyone wants to knock these guys and say they have no future, I'd say it looks pretty good they both are at least drafted.

Because of the website you're referring to?

The key on draft night is getting drafted in the first round... in some circumstances going undrafted has advantages to being selected late in the second.

Because of the website you're referring to?

The key on draft night is getting drafted in the first round... in some circumstances going undrafted has advantages to being selected late in the second.

Oh I agree. First round is guaranteed money.

Just pointing out, the season is now (essentially) over and they are still being projected as draft picks, at least according to NBADraft.Net (yes I know, it isn't the most accurate, Rodney lottery, etc. but the closer to the draft it gets the more accurate it is)

Plus, Patric Young staying at Florida certainly helps Trevor out.

Trevor has some of the best hands in basketball?

Cliche thing to say when an announcer doesn't know anything about the player but heard an equally clueless announcer say it previously.

Ok compared to whom? I have rarely seen him bobble the basketball. I have seen him not concentrate and loose balls to getting bumped.

Ok compared to whom? I have rarely seen him bobble the basketball. I have seen him not concentrate and loose balls to getting bumped.

Dr. J had great hands. Bill Russell had great hands. Labron has great hands. Trevor does not have great hands. Strong hands...yes. He had issues, at times, controlling the ball, much like any other player who doesn't have great hands.

Oh so lets compare him to hall of fame players nice. That is a good comparison for a second round pick.. lol

Oh so lets compare him to hall of fame players nice. That is a good comparison for a second round pick.. lol

Okay- let's compare Trev to someone more mortal- like Elliot Eliason. Mbakwe had 2.1 turnovers per game in 24.9 minutes
and average of 1 turnover every 12 minutes
Elliot had .8 turnovers per game in 13.7 minutes per game- 1 turnover every 17 minutes.

Mbakwe fumbled the ball a fair amount in the post. He didn't pass off much because he didn't get the ball tossed into him much, so it is a lot of not making the catch or fumbling in a crowd. I'll miss him but he did have that issue.

So now I have to get a list of 2nd round picks to make the comparison? Strange.

Just read bga's post and it is right on the money. Trevor was a very good player, but his hands were not the reason. Again, strong hands do not equal great basketball hands.

Sorry...clicked thinking it was something on Rodney, my bad. Carry on...

Yes i think we got a little off topic. Somehow someone suggesting Rodney becomming an NFL tight end and me mentioning Trevor being the better choice has turned into a lot of nitpicking on one comment about his hands. In the end he bobbled balls wether that is mental or "bad hands" it would hurt his chances in the NFL.. end of story. He will never be Antonio 2.0 I guess.

I think you guys are right. I was the one who previously said Rodney should have played Football as a Tight End. But with further consideration I find myself disagreeing with my previous statement. I do not think Rodney could catch a Football any better than a basketball.

I think you guys are right. I was the one who previously said Rodney should have played Football as a Tight End. But with further consideration I find myself disagreeing with my previous statement. I do not think Rodney could catch a Football any better than a basketball.

Not to mention he would be the skinniest tight end of all time. I think you meant to say wide receiver.

Sure, why not.

My main point was that Rodney never had the skills to play basketball at the level needed to play in the NBA. I thought it was obvious watching him play at Cooper for 2 years that he just didn't have it.....even with the dunks.

I do not blame Tubby for Rodney's inability to grow as a player.

Will Rodney play in Europe?...sure, for awhile. But Rodney will not last long in any true professional league

Sure, why not.

My main point was that Rodney never had the skills to play basketball at the level needed to play in the NBA. I thought it was obvious watching him play at Cooper for 2 years that he just didn't have it.....even with the dunks.

Will Rodney play in Europe?...sure, for awhile. But Rodney will not last long in any true professional league

Blah, Blah, Blah....Rodney is 21 years old, still a lot of growing to do. He will play as long as wants to.

Sure, why not.

Well at least that leaves the 'Un-true' professional league.

Top Bottom