What grade would you give the Gophers offense in the win over Illinois?

• A

Votes: 26 57.8%
  • B

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • C

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Shades of 2019 again. Hope it continues for the rest of the season.

541 yards, 41 points, nice balance between run and pass, that’s an A.

If A- was an option, I would've done that because they can still play even better.

There is far more talent offensively than we are seeing. Morgan was much better last year. You watch Clemson and Notre Dame, for instance, there are many plays where you go, “That was cool.” “Nice design.” Cool scheme.” How many times do we have that?
It happened last year. Not a fan of the Sanford project. Liked Simon even better than Kirk in the bowl game.

There is far more talent offensively than we are seeing. Morgan was much better last year. You watch Clemson and Notre Dame, for instance, there are many plays where you go, “That was cool.” “Nice design.” Cool scheme.” How many times do we have that?
It happened last year. Not a fan of the Sanford project. Liked Simon even better than Kirk in the bowl game.
I think that if the flow of a game is showing you that you can simply run over an opponent, that is what you are going to do. Candidly, it's low-risk, drains a defense, and drains the clock.

I think that if the flow of a game is showing you that you can simply run over an opponent, that is what you are going to do. Candidly, it's low-risk, drains a defense, and drains the clock.
Yup, I agree with that. It is our philosophy and yesterday it certainly was all that was needed.

A- but still don’t like all the “check with me” action. Far easier to shuttle plays with one of our wideouts not named Bateman or Bell.
I agree, that gimmick is silly.

Granted, they have headphones in the helmets ... but there is a reason they don't do that in the NFL.

Top Bottom