What grade would you give the Gophers defense vs. Nebraska?

• A

Votes: 51 54.8%
  • B

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • C

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • D

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

B. They did plenty to win the game, but they did get gashed a few times and our defensive backs still fail to look back for the ball. There were another 2 or 3 pass interference flags that didn't fly today that could have. All that said, the defense that has shown up that last 2 games is NOT the same as the one the two games previous to that...

They never figured out the option, which was extremely frustrating, but other than that, they exceeded expectations. Great game by the defense! Damien Wilson is a beast, and Cedric Thompson had some big hits.

They never figured out the option, which was extremely frustrating, but other than that, they exceeded expectations. Great game by the defense! Damien Wilson is a beast, and Cedric Thompson had some big hits.

I said B because there is still room for improvement.

I forgot about Thompson, he played very well.

Solid B

Defensive line play was fabulous. Consistent pressure, shut down the run in the first half. Nothing is perfect in the game, but the fact that we kept them from automatic victory is the step forward for the defense.

Speed kills.

I said A - they had much greater skill, holding our own would be a B. We outdid that, I give an A.

I was only able to watch the first half, but I'd say definitely a well deserved A.

I said 'B' but would have given them the B+. Overall a very good showing. Screen play still seems to be a little bit of a concern.....but much improved. Would also like to see our d-backs turn their head every once in while. Both teams benefited from some drops.....it happens.....that's a wash.

We need to shore up our first quarter of games. We crawl into a lot of holes to begin games, even against inferior non-conference opponents.

We did the same thing today, and when it looked like another long day at TCF. They came through and held the Husers to 24 points.

B.

Gave them an A, but we didn't do too well against their option.

I had the same exact thoughts, but we need to remember that Martinez and Abdullah are both big-time college players. Our defense tends to get upfield aggressively and that can leave the DE pretty much isolated and having to make a do-or-die decision.

I just like the fact that our defense really hits people.

Top Bottom