What grade would you give the Gophers 2023 football recruiting class?

• A

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • B

Votes: 83 68.0%
  • C

Votes: 21 17.2%
  • D

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

B. Seems like a couple of transfers could help but it’s up in the air.

There's a lot to like here. Besides the Receiver Corp, the OL looks great. AK will have some time to work his magic. Speaking of line, the RBs should see some nice holes. Mo will be missed, but the line will compensate....maybe not as much in '23, but we've got some nice sized recruits coming in.

DL looks good. Should be able to make some sacks and hurries which will take some pressure off the secondary.

I like this group.

I like this class a lot. We have a couple of headliners, we got some depth, filled some needs, we have a few guys who are diamonds in the rough that this staff will coach up and a few overlooked guys that will surprise. Solid B.

Looks like a solid class on paper and one that is in line with the majority of the conference.

Incoming freshmen class is decimal points from Iowa at #5 in the conference. That's excellent for us. I like our use of the transfer portal so far. Like to add a RB from transfer portal and maybe another OL guy.
But, I think it's a nice group. Solid B for me.

Seems like half the high school kids will be transferred out by 2024.

I give it a B. Did a good job instate, didn’t lose any players to Iowa or Wisconsin. Got a rb out of Michigan that Michigan wanted. Seems we focused down more on the Midwest and Minnesota kids, which I like, I think you lose less transfers that way. I also like the transfers we brought in.

I gave it a B

Add in one more 4 star recruit in the Secondary or Jaxson Howard and it would have been an A

I also rated it a B. It’s probably a B+ because there are a lot of quality recruits covering every position group. But an A at this level has to have more recruits that will have an obvious impact on the team in the next couple years.

We’ll never hear of Howard at LSU. Underwhelming every time I saw him. He takes too many plays off. He has an NFL body though

C until proven otherwise.

Country Jer used to say that at this point they are all "paper tigers"!!

Last edited:

Howard is a stud but so is everyone else at Alabama. I’d give the left nut to be a HS football stud in MN and play for Minny - how cool would that be to potentially be MN Gopher Football immortal, but to each his own.

Howard is a stud but so is everyone else at Alabama. I’d give the left nut to be a HS football stud in MN and play for Minny - how cool would that be to potentially be MN Gopher Football immortal, but to each his own.
JC Hassenauer in 2014 went to Bama from East Ridge. He didn't redshirt and was a back-up for 4 years and got to start 19 games (over last 3 years) including the National Championship game his senior year beating Georgia. He went undrafted and signed with the Falcons. He's now in 3rd year as back-up for Steelers with 8 starts. He played and won a National Championship, didn't have all the wear and tear of a starter and make $890,000 a year as a back-up in the NFL. Not a bad gig.

One analysis I saw has the Gophers ranked #8 in the BIG, based on quality offers. Highest ranked player is Marquise followed by Taylor, Johnson, Brown, Williams, Owusu, then Daniels.

Top Bottom