What grade would you give the entire Kill/Claeys era?

What grade would you give the entire Kill/Claeys era?

• A

Votes: 24 18.0%
  • B

Votes: 88 66.2%
  • C

Votes: 13 9.8%
  • D

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • F

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters

Stan

Reaction score
The combined Kill/Claeys era is officially over. What grade would you give it?

B+ Did a lot to recover from Brewster but did not beat Wisconsin...

Given where they started, had to give them an A.

C. Had a tough time beating the better teams of the big ten and the big ten record was not that stellar.

Realizing the lack of support from MegaTongue and Coyle, I have to give them an A+.

C. Few trophy victories. Meh.

Agree. The low expectations people have around here has always puzzled me. Consistently failing to be the Badgers' equal in football and basketball for years and years on end should simply not be acceptable anymore. When we beat them as often as we lose to them, then I'll be dolling out A's and B's. Most of our 9 victories this year were garbage. The program is lucky to get the "C" I gave 'em.

I give it an A until September 2nd....they really turned around the academics and the football part of the program.

Against various Big Ten opponents:
Wisconsin F
Iowa B
Northwestern B
Illinois B
Purdue A
Nebraska A
Rutgers A
Maryland A
Indiana - A? Did we play them more than once?
Penn State B
Michigan A
Michigan State B
Ohio State F

39/13 = 3.0 = B

Against various Big Ten opponents:
Wisconsin F
Iowa B
Northwestern B
Illinois B
Purdue A
Nebraska A
Rutgers A
Maryland A
Indiana - A? Did we play them more than once?
Penn State B
Michigan A
Michigan State B
Ohio State F

39/13 = 3.0 = B

I eyeballed the era and gave them a "C". But I have to admit, I applaud your thorough approach to grade calculation. I have to disagree with an "A" against Michigan. The way we lost to them this season alone was enough for a full letter grade reduction.

I eyeballed the era and gave them a "C". But I have to admit, I applaud your thorough approach to grade calculation. I have to disagree with an "A" against Michigan. The way we lost to them this season alone was enough for a full letter grade reduction.
Do you mean last year?

C - They aspired to mediocrity and largely achieved it.

After the Brewster debacle a solid B. If you would have had to be the coaching staff that had to clean up after the Brewster staff you would understand I think how far behind we got. This program had no concept of how to tackle, or even be in the right gaps.

The Gopher program, was in absolute shambles, they had to completely change the culture academically and socially. AD Coyle thinks he has a mess, he should have had to be here for the clean up after Tim Brewster left town. That was the slowest most awful offensive line and secondary ever in 2011. This program lost to New Mexico State because of how bad recruiting had fallen off. Remember that in the new coach's first year that we were capable of losing to New Mexico State at home and got walloped by NIU and the coach Kill staff the year before. It is going to get really dark before there is light again. This is going to set us back for awhile.

B grade. Look at this team over the last 40 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After the Brewster debacle a solid B. If you would have had to be the coaching staff that had to clean up after the Brewster staff you would understand I think how far behind we got. This program was in absolute shambles, they had to completely change the culture academically and socially. AD Coyle thinks he has a mess, he should have had to be here for the clean up after Tim Brewster left town. That was the slowest most awful offensive line and secondary ever in 2011. This program lost to New Mexico State because of how bad recruiting had fallen off. Remember that in the new coach's first year that we were capable of losing to New Mexico State at home and got walloped by NIU and the coach Kill staff the year before. It is going to get really dark before there is light again. This is going to set us back for awhile.

If Claeys was any good, the step back should be to 4/5 wins, not 1/2

They started with a roster that lost to Michigan 58-0 and Purdue 45-17 (31-0 midway through the second). I hope I never see a Gopher team as bad as the 2010/2011 version. Due to this, I have to grade on a curve and give them an "A."

They started with a roster that lost to Michigan 58-0 and Purdue 45-17 (31-0 midway through the second). I hope I never see a Gopher team as bad as the 2010/2011 version. Due to this, I have to grade on a curve and give them an "A."

Just wait- its on the horizon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C-. We should always beat Wisconsin and Iowa more than we lose to them. We have been mediocre for 50 years. That is unacceptable. With the new facilities coming the time is now.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From where the program was and in comparison to the last 45 years, an A. Kill did a hell of a lot to build this program and get the facilities done.

I went with a D. These are the key stats for me: 0-6 against Wisconsin, 2-4 against Iowa, 20-29 in conference play, just 2 top 25 wins (both against Nebraska), and zero seasons finishing in the top 25.

After six years, my expectations for any coach would be higher than this especially in regards to rivalry games and peak season performance.

Ah, o.k. Most wins in over ten years and many years before that. How is that mediocrity?

Kill and Claeys are a combined two games over .500 overall with a Big Ten record 9 games under .500. Pretty much mediocre at best. Even this year they only beat one team that would be considered a good Power 5 team.

I went with a D. These are the key stats for me: 0-6 against Wisconsin, 2-4 against Iowa, 20-29 in conference play, just 2 top 25 wins (both against Nebraska), and zero seasons finishing in the top 25.

After six years, my expectations for any coach would be higher than this especially in regards to rivalry games and peak season performance.

This! 100%

Top Bottom