What grade would you give Nelson in his home debut?

What grade wojkd you give Nelson?

• A+

Votes: 44 31.2%
  • A

Votes: 58 41.1%
  • A-

Votes: 28 19.9%
  • B+

Votes: 11 7.8%

• Total voters

He was great today. I would have liked the coaching staff to continue to build the kids confidence, but they probably wanted to prevent any interceptions that would deflate it. It was a great game all around. If he can back this up against Michigan, I will buy his statue outright, haha.

His play was the difference. I'm not sure we win this one w/o him. A

As GophersInIowa said, there's always room for improvement, but Nelson had a good game today. I loved the way he was hitting receivers in stride on those TD passes in the first half.

I loved the way he hit the flat passes with ease, passes that Max and Q struggled with. If we had Nelson against UNLV we get the score into the
50s. And we beat Northwestern w/ him. We might have even beaten Iowa.

Nelson seems like a good one but let's not go over the top. He's a freshman who will have good moments and bad moments. Yesterday he had a number of good ones. His success will be determined by good line play, capable receivers, consistent coaching and coaching staff. Having said that, he seems to have all the tools he needs to be a good one.

Nelson seems like a good one but let's not go over the top. He's a freshman who will have good moments and bad moments. Yesterday he had a number of good ones. His success will be determined by good line play, capable receivers, consistent coaching and coaching staff. Having said that, he seems to have all the tools he needs to be a good one.

+1,000,000 - Problem with a game like yesterday is the bar goes way up for him. He is still a true freshman and is going to play like one at times in the next 4-5 games. That being said you can definitely see that he has a lot of upside. I liked the run/pass mix where he only had 9 carries and Kirkwood/Williams saw the bulk of the carries. That will help keep him upright if we can use that kind of ratio going forward.

On the subject of keeping him healthy he needs to learn how to slide. On the one run he broke up the middle for a big gain he needs to slide at the end and not take the shot. No point risking injury if you are not fighting for a first down or the endzone.

He needs to read the memo about curbing expectations.

+1,000,000 - Problem with a game like yesterday is the bar goes way up for him. He is still a true freshman and is going to play like one at times in the next 4-5 games. That being said you can definitely see that he has a lot of upside. I liked the run/pass mix where he only had 9 carries and Kirkwood/Williams saw the bulk of the carries. That will help keep him upright if we can use that kind of ratio going forward.

On the subject of keeping him healthy he needs to learn how to slide. On the one run he broke up the middle for a big gain he needs to slide at the end and not take the shot. No point risking injury if you are not fighting for a first down or the endzone.
That was one of the first things I noticed when watching the video that was recently posted on Harnish. He appeared to make some good decisions on sliding to avoid the big hits.

Nelson looked like the real deal and appears confident. Lets keep him healthy.

A-

A-. Strong performance against a team on the emotional slide (devastating close lose to Buckeyes prior week). Not super sharp in 2nd half, but didn't need to be as running game became more important, and Purdue made adjustments. Enjoyed seeing him make the deep throws we kept missing earlier in the year. All the tools seem to be there.

I know that it is a knock on the GH Staff, and I will probably get a PM from the GH Staff about this, but why has no one kiddingly commented on the title of the Graph of Votes that is titled:

View Poll Results: What grade wojkd you give Nelson?

I thought it was hilarius, and I knew what they meant, but I am surprised that dpodoll did not say anything. :)

Top Bottom