What grade would you give Gophers coaches in loss to Michigan?

• A

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • B

Votes: 21 39.6%
  • C

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • D

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • F

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

If we hadn't burned that timeout early in the 3rd, it would have been a B.

I gave them a D only because they kept the players from giving up as much as I did early in the 2nd quarter.

Terrible first half, but an amazing second half. At the same time, our defense played awesome all 4 quarters and stopped the run, which was a major goal going into today. That sounds like a solid B to me.

First half was absolutely brutal and I actually made the statement "let the season play out but I'm sick of this and a change is needed". First half was really really bad.

The 2 high safeties at any point on defense was silly. The blocked punt protection was bad from design, otherwise PJ tried to go for the win and so I would say high B. I was pleasantly surprised seeing them try play to win while Michigan tried to give it away

We should go up tempo all the time on offense. The line actually seems to play better when doing that and I think it maximizes Brosmer’s strengths.

PJ and Co continue to make errors that eg Ferentz likely would not that ultimately sabotage the effort. They can’t put it all together. Detail, managing the game, taking chances when warranted, honoring the value of time and timeouts are what separates wins from losses. Great individual effort, heroic by some of the guys. Missed opportunity at a time when Michigan is vulnerable.

First half was absolutely brutal and I actually made the statement "let the season play out but I'm sick of this and a change is needed". First half was really really bad.
Which makes the last quarter all the crazier - who would have predicted that?

Top Bottom