What grade would you give Gophers coaches in huge win over uw?

• A

Votes: 28 37.3%
  • B

Votes: 42 56.0%
  • C

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Glad they opened up the pass game, defense solid as usual. It's a program win...Fleck and the staff have finally gotten us to the point where Minnesota is marginally better than the rest of the Quadrangle teams. That's coming a long way from a few years ago.

I hated the FG call on 4th and 2 at the 30 yard line with the game 10-6. I think it was the worst situational call of the season. The false start and Trickett's best kick as a Gopher bailed out what was an awful mathematical call with a college kicker.

Was a little curious as to why we called a timeout before the last play. Wisconsin could barely get a snap off, was totally out of sorts, and didn't have any timeouts, so I don't know why we would give them a chance to regroup.

That being said, if PJ beats Wisconsin, I'm not going to let a complaint about timeout usage be the thing that prevents me from giving him an A.

They won the Axe, and the coaches did well.

They finally opened the pass game and took some deep shots. I’m glad they didn’t just keep running on first and second down when the run game was getting bottled up. I was happy to go for it on fourth and inches and go for the fg on fourth and 2.

They finally opened the pass game and took some deep shots. I’m glad they didn’t just keep running on first and second down when the run game was getting bottled up. I was happy to go for it on fourth and inches and go for the fg on fourth and 2.
Opened up the passing game on early downs! We let Athan sling it and we didn't put him into impossible situations. As much as we opened it up, we actually ran the ball a number of times on 3rd and long (which I am totally ok with).

We were aggressive in the proper situations and conservative in the proper situations.

Top Bottom