What grade do you give Gophers coaches in HUGE win over wisconsin?

Coaches grade

• A

Votes: 112 82.4%
  • A-

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • B+

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters

We made a couple small errors which is why I gave us a B+. The coaches can coach well but the players can play like $hit, this time the players played great.

Wisconsin coaches deserve a F

Rossi and the defensive staff could earn the rest of the staff an A for their performance alone. I'd like to mention that Wenger's special teams were actually really good today covering kicks, making all 3 fg attempts and getting decent yardage on the kick returns. The almost punt fumble to end the first half was the only hiccup for that unit all day.

Can't be anything but an A. D was obviously dominant -- like top 10 in the country dominant. STs were pinning Wisc deep all day and Trickett made all his kicks. O opened up the playbook slightly, took some chances down the field, and moved the ball just enough against a defense pretty much everyone would agree was #2 in the country. 2 second half TD's to seal it? A's all around!

Has to be an "A" for an "Axecellent" performance all round.

Easiest grade to give all year. A.

Go Gophers!!

The offense finally added some wrinkles to the play call sheet. Uneal!

And what Rossi has done with this defense, to limit their RB to 44 yards and keep the badgers out of the endzone, even more unreal.

The offense finally added some wrinkles to the play call sheet. Uneal!

And what Rossi has done with this defense, to limit their RB to 44 yards and keep the badgers out of the endzone, even more unreal.
Going into this season I thought the defense was going to be the concern.... quite the opposite.

I was going to go A-, which I know given the ultimate result would have been nitpicky.

The demerit was for how the end of the 1st half played out, calling time outs to extend the half getting the ball back with 40 seconds left only to calling a running play and go to the locker room. What was the point? If they had got the ball back at say their own 30 instead of inside the 20, would they still have taken a shot? Did the fumble (still recovered) spook him? Why take the chance in the first place, the time outs could have afforded Wisconsin a scoring opportunity had they converted the 1st down.

Glad I got that off my chest and I can go back to celebrating. Just finished watching the re-air again on FS1.

Also I ultimately went with full on A for the end of the game redemption. Fleck astutely realized that Mertz started his slide ahead of the first down marker, called the Time Out for review and got it overturned. Brilliant! Odd way for the game to essentially end, via a wordy explanation from the official, but I loved it!

Party on!

A+. We beat Wisconsin and they didn't even score an offensive touchdown.

For a good dose of schadenfreude I hopped on over to the Buckyville Axe Game Thread.
In a nutshell, these are the reasons Wisconsin lost:

Refs sucked...so many missed holding calls by the Gophers.
Announcers sucked.
Chryst sucks.
Braedon Allen was only at 30%.
Refs sucked...missed targeting on Gibbens that would have turned the game around.
Again, the announcers sucked.
Refs sucked...Gopher DBs were grabbing all day.
Minnesota had, like, 70 transfers playing.

And on a side note...PJ is an ass, and a bunch of other things you could imagine.

It makes me feel good that the peace and tranquility of many Wisconsin households on Saturday evening was ruined.

For a good dose of schadenfreude I hopped on over to the Buckyville Axe Game Thread.
In a nutshell, these are the reasons Wisconsin lost:

Refs sucked...so many missed holding calls by the Gophers.
Announcers sucked.
Chryst sucks.
Braedon Allen was only at 30%.
Refs sucked...missed targeting on Gibbens that would have turned the game around.
Again, the announcers sucked.
Refs sucked...Gopher DBs were grabbing all day.
Minnesota had, like, 70 transfers playing.

And on a side note...PJ is an ass, and a bunch of other things you could imagine.

It makes me feel good that the peace and tranquility of many Wisconsin households on Saturday evening was ruined.
Upon watching the TV broadcast the other day, I did notice the announcers make note on multiple occasions which players the Gophers had that were transfers. I'm pretty sure every time they referenced Gibbens to make sure to note he was a transfer. Once, ok fine. But over and over again it got quite annoying and made it seem like half our team was transfers like MSU, which obviously isn't the case.

I was going to go A-, which I know given the ultimate result would have been nitpicky.

The demerit was for how the end of the 1st half played out, calling time outs to extend the half getting the ball back with 40 seconds left only to calling a running play and go to the locker room. What was the point? If they had got the ball back at say their own 30 instead of inside the 20, would they still have taken a shot? Did the fumble (still recovered) spook him? Why take the chance in the first place, the time outs could have afforded Wisconsin a scoring opportunity had they converted the 1st down.

Glad I got that off my chest and I can go back to celebrating. Just finished watching the re-air again on FS1.

Also I ultimately went with full on A for the end of the game redemption. Fleck astutely realized that Mertz started his slide ahead of the first down marker, called the Time Out for review and got it overturned. Brilliant! Odd way for the game to essentially end, via a wordy explanation from the official, but I loved it!

Party on!
There were some people complaining about them not trying to score before halftime at the game as well. But no timeouts, from your own 20, less than a minute on the clock and against a great defense....yeah that is just asking for trouble.

Based on how hard Annexstad went after that ball I think they were hoping to get a good punt return and then be aggressive trying to score. When he muffed it and they were fortunate to get it back I am sure the coaches decided they were better off just getting into the locker room and regrouping.

Top Bottom