What Gophers Could Be Drafted In 2023?

It's surprising to me that Blaise didn't get draft, especially considering he ranked so highly among guards in his "Relative Athletic Score".

View attachment 18383

NFL draft is weird that way. You see a guy like Kieft get drafted and a guy like Andries go UDFA. Seems like it should be the other way around but it is a very common occurrence with the NFL.

Important part for Blaise is that the Dolphins are willing to give him a shot, hopefully he is able to make the team.

It's surprising to me that Blaise didn't get draft, especially considering he ranked so highly among guards in his "Relative Athletic Score".

View attachment 18383

Reading all the amateur scouting reports, there was concern that he didn't lift and his perceived shortcoming was in the applicable strength department (I don't know what that means). Again, these are just the amateur draft-niks spouting off. I won't be surprised if he makes a 53-man roster out of camp and he will certainly be someone who will merit a spot on a practice squad if he wants to go that route.

I wonder how much Wisconsin and Iowa use the TE because… they struggle to pass otherwise…
That's how they both have traditionally run their sets on offense. They just have a preference to use the TE a lot in their passing game. Their TEs usually aren't great blockers, but both teams seem to be able to isolate the TE on an LB in the mid-range passing game. Neither of those programs have traditionally had game-breaking WRs. They've had some good college WRs that likely have benefited from playing in systems that feature the TE so that they often get single coverage on the outside.

That's how they both have traditionally run their sets on offense. They just have a preference to use the TE a lot in their passing game. Their TEs usually aren't great blockers, but both teams seem to be able to isolate the TE on an LB in the mid-range passing game. Neither of those programs have traditionally had game-breaking WRs. They've had some good college WRs that likely have benefited from playing in systems that feature the TE so that they often get single coverage on the outside.
I think preference and things like” Mertz drops the ball onto the turf 7 yards short on a 15 yard pass.” are kinda co mingled.

Top Bottom