What game will the Gophers put a three unit complete game together?

gopherdudepart2

Reaction score
I'm thinking either Northwestern or the rivalry game at home against Wisconsin where we see the complete effort from all three units. Right now I don't think I have seen a game this season where the Gophers have had all three units clicking offense, defense and special teams. Against Michigan the offense and the defense put together one half of a football game where both sides of the ball seemed like they were clicking and playing better than they had.
Special teams, with the line drive kicks by the punter and lack of any hang time on the kickoff, I would have to say with the exception of the one kick off return they had less of an impact in the Michigan game. Need to see some improvement i the punting game.
Offensive line and running backs showed improvement Saturday at least in the blocking. Center and right guard seemed much improved over the previous two weeks. Perhaps this unit is starting to gel a little bit.
Bye week came at a good time for the defensive secondary with the injury's sustained they will probably need to re-group a little bit. Gophers put together a three unit effort and they could still surprise a few teams in the Big 10 season.
There are two trophy games left and plenty of opportunity to get Big 10 conference wins. Gophers come out strong and pull out a victory against Northwestern and they might get on a roll.

Top Bottom