What excuse will Bielema use this time?

GoForGold

Reaction score
Hopefully, there weren't any 2-point conversions in those 83 points.

I have less of a problem with this than the 2-point conversion and if he had done the same thing to us as he did to Indiana, it wouldn't have been that big a deal (outside of the embarrassment).

It depends on how long he left the first string in. If Tolzien and company were playing into the 4th quarter, that would be a problem. But if 2nd and 3rd stringers are racking up points, I don't have a big problem with it. They need reps as well and if the fourth quarter is nothing more than a glorified scrimmage, it's not that big a deal to me.

The two-point conversion call was simply a departure from the standard flow of a football game and, as such, I view it as unsportsmanlike.

On the other hand, does anyone know whether or not Lynch made any jokes about Bielema's marital status last week?

I dont know anything about this. What's the backstory?

There was conjecture after Bielema went for two against us when the game was well in hand that it boiled down to Brewster making a joke about Bielema's marital status at a Big 10 media event a year or two ago.

I highly doubt that had anything to do with anything. I always thought that Brewster and Bielema simply brought out the worst in each other's personalities.

I Do Not Like Wisconsin

Wisconsin scored on every possession they had in the game. Indiana didn't compete.

I think the excuse would be that he had his 2nd and 3rd stringers in half way through the 3rd quarter.

His backup QB throws a late bomb to a back up WR when he had 3 guys in short routes and one going deep. Didn't have any issue with the way the game was called. They ran the ball down IU's throat the whole game, the defense has to have some responsibility to stop someone.

Wisconsin's really good.

I think the excuse would be that he had his 2nd and 3rd stringers in half way through the 3rd quarter.

Except that Tolzien hit Kendricks with a TD with 2:07 left in the 3rd. The extra point made it 59 for the red weasels.

BUTT BELIMIC will only use the excuse that he is a A*&$# and can't help himself. He is riding high, but the hammer will drop and Butt will wonder why he has no friends or supporters. You are first class., but it's first class A*&%$

Wisconsin is really good. Saying otherwise or worrying about the manner in which they blow out opponents is loser talk.

Except that Tolzien hit Kendricks with a TD with 2:07 left in the 3rd. The extra point made it 59 for the red weasels.

This was Kendricks' first game back since he was injured in the Iowa game. Nate Tice had a 17 yard touchdown run at the end of the 4th quarter.

This was Kendricks' first game back since he was injured in the Iowa game. Nate Tice had a 17 yard touchdown run at the end of the 4th quarter.

Wisconsin never punted during the game.

They had one pick six that added to the score.

Their starting running back was out for the game.

Starters sat by the end of the 3rd quarter.

Nate Tice was a 4th string, walk on qb, who ran a naked boot on 3rd and ?? 14?

There was no running up the score. IU was just incredibly bad on defense.

Congrats to Minnesota on the road win.

It was 3rd and goal from the 11. No coach in America just runs the ball in the 3rd quarter on 3rd and 11 regardless of the score.

WTF? We won today and we're carping about Burt again? The score was a result of IU totally conceding that game. Lynch didn't take umbrage to it, why the eff are we?

Wisky is having a really good season. I effing hate it more than anything. At least they (in all probability) won't be playing for the national championship. Let's just enjoy today's win for the next two weeks and hope we can hang 80 on Bucky at some point in our lifetimes.

There was no running up the score? Gimme a break.

sconnie is running lucky as usual-NW QB out for season

Bret has no reason to apologize, his team is competing for a national title....style matters. If folks want to get upset, get upset with the system.

Hey Tap!

Help me understand "......sconnie is running lucky as usual"

Beats the #1 team in the country by 13 at home.

Squeaks out a 1 point win at Kinnick.

Overcomes a lethargic 1st half to spank Purdue at Ross-Ade.

Catches fire after a 10 - 10 1st quarter tie to overwhelm a decent Indiana team that came within a dropped TD pass of beating Iowa the week before.

Lucky?

You're kidding, right?

Competing for a national title? You really think the BADgers can compete with any team above them in the BCS?

Dcwhatever? your BADgers are playing teams at the right time.

Go michigan!!!!!

'Lucky'

I was responding to your point that the Badgers were ".....running lucky as usual".

Adding to their 'luck' is that they are the least penalized team in Division 1 and that they only have 9 turn-overs in 10 games.

Never said the Badgers were competing for a National Championship, but they are playing damn good football now, are deserving of their ranking, and could certainly compete on the field with the best in the country.

Can't control the schedule as the Badgers paid their dues by opening with Michigan State, Ohio State, and Iowa in three of their four first conference games.

Calling this team 'lucky' deserved rebuttal.......that's all.

I was responding to your point that the Badgers were ".....running lucky as usual".

Adding to their 'luck' is that they are the least penalized team in Division 1 and that they only have 9 turn-overs in 10 games.

Never said the Badgers were competing for a National Championship, but they are playing damn good football now, are deserving of their ranking, and could certainly compete on the field with the best in the country.

Can't control the schedule as the Badgers paid their dues by opening with Michigan State, Ohio State, and Iowa in three of their four first conference games.

Calling this team 'lucky' deserved rebuttal.......that's all.

Can't control the schedule? You were forced to play Austin Peay huh?

"Lucky" might have been a reference to TWO victories gained ONLY because the opposing team missed an EXTRA POINT.

In conclusion, Wisconsin still sucks.

Can't control the schedule? You were forced to play Austin Peay huh?

Minnesota wasn't forced to play South Dakota or Middle Tenn. State. Middle Tenn. State was forced to play without their starting QB. Careful ripping on another team's schedule when the Gophers have more marks in the right column than they do the left column.

Minnesota wasn't forced to play South Dakota or Middle Tenn. State. Middle Tenn. State was forced to play without their starting QB. Careful ripping on another team's schedule when the Gophers have more marks in the right column than they do the left column.

That doesn't make any sense. It doesn't matter that we played South Dakota. It's just nonsense to say that you don't control the schedule.

Competing for a national title? You really think the BADgers can compete with any team above them in the BCS?

Dcwhatever? your BADgers are playing teams at the right time.

Go michigan!!!!!

infantile

Bret has no reason to apologize, his team is competing for a national title....style matters. If folks want to get upset, get upset with the system.

+1. Auburn have the toughest game of the year left. LSU while a crazy team to watch as a nonpartisan fan has a tough match up against Arkansas. Wisconsin is playing to possibly be the top ranked one loss team in the BCS. They are also playing to be the TOP ranked team in the BigTen for a potential trip to the Rose Bowl. They probably noticed OSU closing the gap and went after style points, any smart coach would do it.

Top Bottom