What do you think this Gophers O-Line wants it's Legacy to be this year?

gopherdudepart2

Reaction score
We have seen some really good games from them this year as a group and then we had Saturday against Illinois and of course the worst game of the season, the Homecoming against Bowling Green. Gophers head coach PJ Fleck brought up the word Inconsistency during his press conference today multiple times.
The definition of inconsistent is: Not staying the same throughout.
The reason I bring up legacy is we have lost 6 consecutives games to Iowa obviously since 2014. Not something anybody is happy about or excited about obviously. Two years ago against Iowa in Iowa City, arguably was probably one of this O -line groups most physical football games. Now obviously we do not have some of the same skill players available with MO lost for the year, but we are sitting at 6-3 pretty good. maybe not as good as hoped. So we look at that word inconsistent again, not staying the same throughout and this becomes this weeks challenge. Tanner Morgan was sacked what 6 times on Saturday against Illinois. What is going to be this O-line group's Legacy after the 2021 season? We have a lot of Seniors that have played a heck of a lot of College football, what do they want to leave as there legacy for the Minnesota program. Legacy, the mark the individual left on the program, the world or what people remember about there life.
They often say winning football games is the difference of a few plays, a snapshot, winning a one on one match up, maybe even a little luck. I'm not really a believer in luck as to the game of football, I believe you make your own luck. As the old saying goes everything starts up front in the trenches and football is a 60 minute game. This Iowa week is a lot about attitude, staying the same throughout even with adversity, and how life is exactly the way you think it is. That and legacy, what did you leave as your mark. Time is short, and there are only 3 games left.

We have a lot of chatter here and in the media, some people's jobs and effort levels have even been challenged, there has even been talk about benching Tanner Morgan. All of it is noise, and only what the coaches and players thinks matters. Sam Schleuter, Connor Olson, John Michael Schmitz, Blaise Andries, Daniel Faalele will you make your "Mark" against Iowa on Saturday 11/13

My question with them is how much the rotation we’ve done has hurt things? OL is all about gel and communication and God damn we seem to suck at talking to each other and picking up blitzes or speed rushers

We have seen some really good games from them this year as a group and then we had Saturday against Illinois and of course the worst game of the season, the Homecoming against Bowling Green. Gophers head coach PJ Fleck brought up the word Inconsistency during his press conference today multiple times.
The definition of inconsistent is: Not staying the same throughout.
The reason I bring up legacy is we have lost 6 consecutives games to Iowa obviously since 2014. Not something anybody is happy about or excited about obviously. Two years ago against Iowa in Iowa City, arguably was probably one of this O -line groups most physical football games. Now obviously we do not have some of the same skill players available with MO lost for the year, but we are sitting at 6-3 pretty good. maybe not as good as hoped. So we look at that word inconsistent again, not staying the same throughout and this becomes this weeks challenge. Tanner Morgan was sacked what 6 times on Saturday against Illinois. What is going to be this O-line group's Legacy after the 2021 season? We have a lot of Seniors that have played a heck of a lot of College football, what do they want to leave as there legacy for the Minnesota program. Legacy, the mark the individual left on the program, the world or what people remember about there life.
They often say winning football games is the difference of a few plays, a snapshot, winning a one on one match up, maybe even a little luck. I'm not really a believer in luck as to the game of football, I believe you make your own luck. As the old saying goes everything starts up front in the trenches and football is a 60 minute game. This Iowa week is a lot about attitude, staying the same throughout even with adversity, and how life is exactly the way you think it is. That and legacy, what did you leave as your mark. Time is short, and there are only 3 games left.

We have a lot of chatter here and in the media, some people's jobs and effort levels have even been challenged, there has even been talk about benching Tanner Morgan. All of it is noise, and only what the coaches and players thinks matters. Sam Schleuter, Connor Olson, John Michael Schmitz, Blaise Andries, Daniel Faalele will you make your "Mark" against Iowa on Saturday 11/13
Beating Iowa this weekend will heal a lot of aches and pain. Beating Indian, and then Wiscy will put me on cloud nine for a long time!

Top Bottom