What do you think about this conference

Some guy

Reaction score
If Ohio state, Michigan, Penn state, and Nebraska all opt to play this year but the rest of the conference doesn’t...:

would you be open to telling them to buzz off and forever a big ten of
Iowa
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Northwestern
Illinois
Indiana
Purdue
Michigan state
Maryland
Rutgers

I don't see your premise happening.

If Ohio state, Michigan, Penn state, and Nebraska all opt to play this year but the rest of the conference doesn’t...:

Iowa
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Northwestern
Illinois
Indiana
Purdue
Michigan state
Maryland
Rutgers
No way.

I don’t either. But what do you think about it
Would become G6 conference in football so no chance at a championship, lousy bowls, and a very average basketball conference.

Edit: Plus huge loss in revenue.

Iowa
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Northwestern
Illinois
Indiana
Purdue
Michigan state
Maryland
Rutgers
No.

Iowa
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Northwestern
Illinois
Indiana
Purdue
Michigan state
Maryland
Rutgers
I'm all for anyone who wants to play college football this year playing whether the rest of their conference does or not.

This one-off thing won't happen and if it does, I certainly won't watch it.

Logic would dictate that if your team Ops Out on the season, well then you have zero leverage or say about the matter. Whatever teams that actually played decided to do would be their business.

I'm not sure exactly how the BTN currently runs nationwide but if those teams left the conference and therefore the network wasn't on TV sets in those states we would be talking about upwards of 50 million potential subscribers.

That alone would probably be a huge NO yet alone all of the other potential revenue.

This one-off thing won't happen and if it does, I certainly won't watch it.
You really wouldn’t watch Minnesota vs Wisconsin and Iowa?

or are you talking about this falls “college football season”

You really wouldn’t watch Minnesota vs Wisconsin and Iowa?

or are you talking about this falls “college football season”
I wouldn't watch a "Big 12" season with traitors Ohio State and Michigan in it.

Long term, no thanks.

I'd be disappointed if a B1G school opted to play fall football if the conference decides to play spring. I'm not sure if the conference could do anything to stop that or not. Could increase the Gophers' chances of winning a B1G championship, though. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad? :)

I'm sure everyone involved could figure something out for this to work. It'd be no different than ND being a faux member of the ACC this year. You just say these schools will be on the schedule and count as conference games this year and will qualify for the conference championship game. That said, I certainly would not be in favor of this nor would I watch the B1G12.

The sad part is, when the B12 championship game is two of MI, tOSU and PSU, it will do a lot of damage to the B12 reputation.

Nebraska's always been suspect as a B1G. The only one not a member of the AAU. Switch them out with Iowa State?

Don't expect Iowa and Wisconsin to hang around that group. How about this group?

Minnesota
Rutgers
Maryland
Purdue
Illinois
NW
Michigan State
St Thomas
NDSU
SDSU

Don't expect Iowa and Wisconsin to hang around that group. How about this group?

Minnesota
Rutgers
Maryland
Purdue
Illinois
NW
Michigan State
St Thomas
NDSU
SDSU

Could certainly give the Mountain West a run for their money.

Top Bottom