What do you predict will happen to the 2020 college football season?

What do you predict will happen to the 2020 college football season?

• The 2020 college football season will be played as normal, with rowdy fans and packed stadiums

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • The 2020 college football season will be played on the field, but with no fans in attendance

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • The 2020 college football season will be played but only after players & attendees get temps checked

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • There will not be a 2020 college football season

Votes: 37 44.0%

• Total voters
I would be quite surprised if there is a football season this fall. There is some indication the covid-19 virus might be mutating into another form, one which would not be recognized by the antibodies for those that fought off this current one. If you could ask the soldiers who stormed the beaches in France on D-Day whether they'd consider staying in their homes and foregoing football was an equivalent, I'm thinking you'd give them a good laugh.

I think we're going to see some sort of a football season but it will be much different than normal. Possibly no fans, a late start and fewer games, or both.

China is already starting to get back to work. We won't be as quick as them but we should be 2-3 months behind them. I think we'll see sports by July at the latest and will see fans at sporting events 1-3 months after that.

Okay, I'll play along. So now what are you and your cynical mind scheming? You're going to buy 26,000 (actually it'd have to be 26,806) season tickets leaving only 23,999 left for everyone else, so that way only 24,000 could attend the games. Brilliant plan. I certainly hope this is just bit you've got going Veritas and this isn't really how you are in life. Thanks for the humor though.

Please return to earth soon, somebody is missing you, maybe. I did not say I would buy any extra tickets at all. Only repeating what another poster suggested, that the games be played and only season ticket holders be allowed to attend. Thus, cutting way down on congestion.

I would be quite surprised if there is a football season this fall. There is some indication the covid-19 virus might be mutating into another form, one which would not be recognized by the antibodies for those that fought off this current one. If you could ask the soldiers who stormed the beaches in France on D-Day whether they'd consider staying in their homes and foregoing football was an equivalent, I'm thinking you'd give them a good laugh.
Where did you get this from? Just the another day it was said IIRC by Dr. Facui the virus wasn’t mutating much. This would make finding a vaccine easier.

Where did you get this from? Just the another day it was said IIRC by Dr. Facui the virus wasn’t mutating much. This would make finding a vaccine easier.
there is already 8 strains of corona and the virus is is averaging 2 mutations per month. the flu averages 8-10 mutations per month. this doesn't mean it would change the outcome or make the virus more dangerous so he is correct when he says it isn't mutating as much as other viruses so far.

there is already 8 strains of corona and the virus is is averaging 2 mutations per month. the flu averages 8-10 mutations per month. this doesn't mean it would change the outcome or make the virus more dangerous so he is correct when he says it isn't mutating as much as other viruses so far.

So far the mutation hasn’t been unusual which is why I was questioning the post. The post I quoted seemed to infer the mutation was unexpected. Maybe I misunderstood the post? The yearly flu vaccine doesn’t cover every possible strain. As of now it seems a vaccine for covid-19 could potentially work similarly.

Warning - this is third-hand - but a guy I know has a relative in Rochester MN who does some work for doctors at the Mayo Clinic. And the doctors reportedly said they expect the peak of the virus to hit Minnesota in Mid-June.

if that's true, that pushes the whole timeline back a lot further into the fall.

So far the mutation hasn’t been unusual which is why I was questioning the post. The post I quoted seemed to infer the mutation was unexpected. Maybe I misunderstood the post? The yearly flu vaccine doesn’t cover every possible strain. As of now it seems a vaccine for covid-19 could potentially work similarly.
also don't forget its only been 3 month of the virus (That we detected) so its relatively new so mutations will happen sooner or latter. just hope it will end fairly soon.

also don't forget its only been 3 month of the virus (That we detected) so its relatively new so mutations will happen sooner or latter. just hope it will end fairly soon.
Reading this article, the way COVID-19 is mutating may not mean that a vaccine is ineffective. Think of other vaccines that have been around for decades even though those viruses also mutate. Obviously, the proof will be in the pudding, and it may turn out that it didn't work out the way they thought. But as of now it appears a vaccine may be very effective. That said, a vaccine won't happen for 12-18 months, so it won't affect this season.

Top Bottom