What do you predict for next Gophers HC - Tracy Claeys vs The Field?

What do you predict for next Gophers HC - Tracy Claeys vs The Field?

• I predict Tracy Claeys

Votes: 54 83.1%
  • I predict someone from The Field

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
My predictions:
-- In about a month Clayes (to me more precise, his agent) will start floating rumors that other Universities are interested in hiring him.
-- We'll then hire Clayes, give him a 4 year deal, and it'll have a very low dollar buy-out clause (the new AD can fire him if the new AD wants to, and it won't cost the UofM a lot to do that).
-- Kill will have an official role at the UofM as a fundraiser. His role within football will be outreach to the Minnesota High Schools (e.g., running camps, being at the BBQ).

a contract doesn't guarantee that will be the case

Right, but it's still better if it appears that way on paper. College football coaches are almost always on longer term deals. Coaches don't want to tell next year's recruits that they might only coach them for a year, because that's all that is left on their contract.

Right, but it's still better if it appears that way on paper. College football coaches are almost always on longer term deals. Coaches don't want to tell next year's recruits that they might only coach them for a year, because that's all that is left on their contract.

I thought we were discussing the difference between 4 and 5 years?

I thought we were discussing the difference between 4 and 5 years?

I think I may have been confused because the earlier poster said 3, then you said 4 or 5. 3 is too short, and I think we agree that it doesn't matter if it's 4 or 5. My bad.

Both the AD we need and the head coach we need are already in place. Just need to remove the interim tag from their job descriptions.
Gopher Mike, I am with you on this. From a distance they both seem qualified and would bring some much needed stability.

W or L in last few games should have no baring on if he gets the job. This depart is in shambles right now and we need to clean this up and name Cleays right now.

Top Bottom