what do you name the divisions

I kind of miss more creative names than that. Like back when the NHL had the Patrick, Adams, Smythe, and Norris divisions. Something like that can be gimmicky if done wrong, but I'd like them to at least experiment with something a little different.

I think we should name them Brooklyn Decker and Bar Rafaeli.

Or maybe west and sucky badger.

Bierman and B. Smith

I just hope it doesn't glorify two schools. "woody" and "bo" divisions would just piss me off.

Name them after obscure, deceased individuals.

Remember when the NHL was split into the Clarence Campbell Conference and the Prince of Wales Conference? That was awesome!

Black and Blue is my favorite. Some others... Earth and Sky, Champ and Victor, Block and Tackle, etc.... This is a great opportunity to get creative and think outside of the box....

Div 1: Ann Arbor
Div 2: Wh0re

Nah, scratch that. They mean the same thing.

I hope it's not something as meaningless as American vs. National or Atlantic vs. Coastal.

Possibly something like "Mid-" and "-west". Or "West" and "Central"

We would be the west, obviously, and it even fits Michigan's fight song "...champions of the West". And anything that makes Michigan happy makes Delany need to change his drawers.

fb1d6537-8bd6-42c7-ab85-0dbae400f146.jpg

I just hope it doesn't glorify two schools. "woody" and "bo" divisions would just piss me off.

I know people have floated that idea. It's an awful, awful idea. I don't know what to name the eastern division, but the western division could be named Williams, Bierman or Nagurski and it would suit me fine. If it is to be named after people, then it had better be named after someone associated with the U. If Michigan and OSU don't agree, then they should be able to understand why the other 10 schools hate the idea of naming the divisions after their legends.

Since Wisconsin got screwed in this alignment, let's give them a break, and name the eastern division after one of their heroes. The Dahmer Division, anyone?

1. Ren & Stimpy
2. Bonnie & Clyde
3. Cartman & Butters
4. Brian & Stewie

Delany said last night the names will have a some sort of nod to the history of the Big Ten. So maybe they do go with the Nagurski division.

Snow and Ice... I actually really like this one! Let's be proud of where we are!

The Wisconsin Division

&

The NOT Wisconsin Division

Top Bottom