What did they do with all the extra parking?

nemosgold

Reaction score
I have a tailgate spot. When everything was over there were a ton of East bank spots available, are those spots just going empty this year?

I have some coaching friends who get tickets from the MSHSFCA and they are planning on parking at the fairgrounds. Are all unsold parking spots going unused?

I have a tailgate spot. When everything was over there were a ton of East bank spots available, are those spots just going empty this year?

I have some coaching friends who get tickets from the MSHSFCA and they are planning on parking at the fairgrounds. Are all unsold parking spots going unused?

Probably...I don't think anyone knows. But the one thing you can be sure of is that they aren't getting sold for single game.

????????????????

Not sure what spaces you are talking about? Were those those expensive lots?

Donation lots and ramps, I picked my tickets early and originally picked the 4th street ramp because I didn't know if I'd donate a $1000 next season. Once I saw how many ramp spots were available late in the process I switched to a tailgating lot figuring that next year there will be plenty of ramp space available.

Tailgating lots are not like seats in the stadium. The U doesn't need to sell every available spot. And they probably shouldn't. I would guess that there are a few things they could use the extra space next to the stadium for.

In the closing days of seat selection, there were A LOT of tailgating spots left close to the stadium. I thought it was poorly communicated in that many premium seat holders didn't realize their extra donations ALSO applied to parking options. So, many people came away thinking they'd have to shell out an extra $1000 to $2500 just to get a tailgating spot close to the stadium.

Regardless of the circumstances, it's not going to look good for the U if cars are looking for parking and the lots closest to the stadium are half empty but won't sell game day parking.

I don't see why the U couldn't sell parking tickets that are a different color and state that tailgating is not allowed for these cars. For a school looking to make every dollar, charging $25 a car for empty spaces seems logical.

It was frustrating to see so many empty spots around the stadium and all of the non donation spots in the west bank snatched up rather quickly. I'm very excited about the river flats parking though, for $10, that seems like a fantastic deal with a ton of green space for people like me who didn't get a chance at any of the cheaper tailgating lots.

It was frustrating to see so many empty spots around the stadium and all of the non donation spots in the west bank snatched up rather quickly. I'm very excited about the river flats parking though, for $10, that seems like a fantastic deal with a ton of green space for people like me who didn't get a chance at any of the cheaper tailgating lots.

I was excited to see this too and I will be using this location. I will still use my oak street ramp parking (already paid for) but it is nice to know I now have a tailgating option to use within walking distance of the stadium.

extra space in the tailgating lots will be perfect for drinking games like tippy cup;););)

Seriously though I hope people grab those spots up, and/or alot of migration towards the lots happens and it's a big time Maroon and Gold party.

I'm very excited about the river flats parking for $10, that seems like a fantastic deal with a ton of green space for people like me who didn't get a chance at any of the cheaper tailgating lots.

We have a Oak Ramp spot as well but interestied in this River flat location. Where exactly is this at? We have 4 tickets ----but only one parking spot and one from the north suburbs and one out state. THE HEAD

I think the Park Board is kinda 'screwing' the U on this parking on the East River Flats. Why couldn't the U and the Park Board work together and have included this area in its initial parking proposal? Just doesn't make sense other than the Park Board wanting their cut without regard to the U.

In saying that I wrote Maturi about a year ago requesting that they include the East River Flats in their tailgating option. I think it's pretty unique with the U being on the Mississippi. I'm sure most Minnesotan's that haven't been to the U before have no clue that the campus straddles the river and that its a big part of campus.

I'm on the West Bank Lot 88....we can't see the river, but have a nice view of Northrup and campus.

Top Bottom