What day does Fall Camp start? Open practices?

WriterGoph

Reaction score
Haven't been able to find this anywhere, but does anyone know which date fall camp actually kicks off? Guessing it has to be early next week sometime.

Also, has any kind of schedule been released showing open practices for fans?

only one that has been released so far is Aug. 7th

I may be wrong but I believe it started Tuesday July 27th.
That's what I heard, not what I know. If I'm wrong, my sincere apologies.

I may be wrong but I believe it started Tuesday July 27th.
That's what I heard, not what I know. If I'm wrong, my sincere apologies.

Could be. I'd just be surprised that there was no media coverage anywhere if it already began.

I’m surprised how the 2021 team is essentially radio silent about fall practices. Last year, the radio silence was because the team was being ravaged by COVID and related tracing quarantines. Didn’t want opponents to know just how deeply depth was affected? This year, I hope it’s because the team is healthy and just wants to prepare (especially our slightly refashioned offensive playbook) for Ohio State in a workmanlike manner outside the glare of media attention.

Olympics taking the news these days along with Twins and Wild. Yes you would think there would be a little blurb somewhere. Read in the MPLS paper today that Clemson starts next week.

I’m surprised how the 2021 team is essentially radio silent about fall practices. Last year, the radio silence was because the team was being ravaged by COVID and related tracing quarantines. Didn’t want opponents to know just how deeply depth was affected? This year, I hope it’s because the team is healthy and just wants to prepare (especially our slightly refashioned offensive playbook) for Ohio State in a workmanlike manner outside the glare of media attention.
Considering vaccination rates and just dealing with any of that shit ... I imagine open practices might not be a thing outside the FAMILY event.

Really hate to have some sort of incident because you held an open practice.

I thought I saw a player tweet or instagram post saying "One more week until camp", but I can't find it now so I don't know when it was originally posted.

I thought I saw a player tweet or instagram post saying "One more week until camp", but I can't find it now so I don't know when it was originally posted.

That would make sense date-wise. I'd be 1000% shocked if fall practice has already started and nobody on this board of Gopher diehards was aware. In 20 years of reading the Strib, I've never seen them not have at least one article on their site the night before fall camp begins.

Has to be next week.

5 days ago the Gopher Sports Youtube caccount posted

"Gopher Football: Final Week of 2021 Summer Workouts" so gotta think there's a break there after that ...

I mean it's not a calendar but the youtube account is usually timely-ish.

All players report next Wednesday, August 4th. Open scrimmage/Family Day on Saturday, August the 7th at the stadium.

If GHers think the Gophers are in stealth mode, they must be hiding some surprises.

News about the team summer workouts is very upbeat. I don't recall PJ Fleck ever sing praises about his team like this. It must be about finally getting team depth almost across the board.

Judging from the players that transferred in and out, the competition level must be intense.

Haven't been able to find this anywhere, but does anyone know which date fall camp actually kicks off? Guessing it has to be early next week sometime.

Also, has any kind of schedule been released showing open practices for fans?

PJ said it started today I believe.

If GHers think the Gophers are in stealth mode, they must be hiding some surprises.

News about the team summer workouts is very upbeat. I don't recall PJ Fleck ever sing praises about his team like this. It must be about finally getting team depth almost across the board.

Judging from the players that transferred in and out, the competition level must be intense.
It's a heckuva feeling to be just as excited about the depth of talent at so many positions as we are about the overall talent across the board. Plenty of healthy position battles, it'll be fun to see how it plays out

News is starting to roll out now. That is much appreciated.

This is the most excited I've been for a season before, and I 100% believe we play OSU twice this year.

This is the most excited I've been for a season before, and I 100% believe we play OSU twice this year.
79930926-1.jpg

News is starting to roll out now. That is much appreciated.
Not sure were going to see much. Going to be like Christmas when we play Ohio State. Much anticipation wondering how the day is going to pan out with very little clues beforehand.

Top Bottom