What changes would you like to see in time for Penn St?

Sparlimb

Reaction score
I know alot of us would like to see either Alipate or Gray get a chance at QB. I'm also of that mind as playing Weber doesn't help this program at all any longer. Now the question is whether we can salvage any of the season or not. Any win after this will be considered a major upset. Thoughts?

White uniforms, with white helmets. Oh forgot we have already done that. There are no changes that are going to help. Penn St. will look good this weekend.

We are now officially playing for the future.
I would like to see either Alipate & Gray get at least 50% of the snaps between now and the end of the season.
It sounds like Alipate is the better pro-style QB, so maybe Gray is better left at WR and wildcat.

There will be little change.

Horton is not going to be the long term coach so I am not sure he cares what happens in the future. We will see very little change as long as the players stay healthy. Gray is best suited to stay where he is at this point of his career. His future is at WR not at QB. If we had our next coach in place building for the future would be the direction to coach but until we have a new coach we dont even know what that future is. For that to happen we need to know what system we are going to be playing.

The good news is we can begin the search for a new coach now and hopefully between now and New Years day we will have a new coach. The earlier we find our next coach the better chance we will have to retain players we dont want to leave but also a better chance at filling out a decent recruiting class. Remembering back to Brewster being hired in the first place he was hired so late we didnt have a chance to form a good recruiting class and he was forced to hold onto some recruits that he may not have wanted. Hopefully the next coach will get a better chance out of the gate.

The good news is we can begin the search for a new coach now and hopefully between now and New Years day we will have a new coach. The earlier we find our next coach the better ...

I think (hope) we could name our next coach by December 15.

I actually hope its Alipate. I have seen a lot of good things from Gray as WR.

Sure, Alipate is probably not even as good as Weber right now, but there is absolutely no future with Weber. Let's get someone else some experience. Again, nothing productive comes from playing Weber.

First step...

I'd like to see an enthusiastic welcome and atmosphere from the fans at The Bank on Saturday.

There should be zero boos...zero...from here on out in TCF. The HC is gone.

We've got 5 games left...3 of them at home. Time for the 12th man to show up in force.

Mrs. Billd and I will be working 212 in force.

Go Gophers! Beat the Lions!

I'd like to see an enthusiastic welcome and atmosphere from the fans at The Bank on Saturday.

We've got 5 games left...3 of them at home. Time for the 12th man to show up in force.

You know I'll be there.

I whole-heartedly agree. There is no reason to get any further down on the kids. The change is happening and we need to support the team while that happens.

Let Gray play QB. For goodness sake, he was a highly-touted HS All-American at that position, yet we still haven't given him an extended chance to play there. It's pretty ridiculous when you think about it.
Has he shown good things at WR? A few, but in the last two weeks (when defenses have been keying on him a bit more), he hasn't been able to consistently get open.
I can't help but go back to that spring game at St. Thomas in '09. I'd never been more excited about a Gopher QB. He was running, throwing, huge and athletic. I remember saying to some friends, "We finally have a QB who'll scare the s**t out of the defense."......and nearly two years later he's been given no more than an occasional series to prove himself.
And before anyone mentions fumbles, I think you need to look at Weber's propensity for turnovers as well.

It's too late to try and fix this season. Personnel changes won't help this team win more games. That said, it is tempting to put Gray or Alipate out there to see what they can do. However, my impression is it's more important to get Weber every qb record than win games.

Weber setting the school record for most consecutive Gatorade cups filled on the sideline without spilling. It would be about as meaningful as all his other "records".

Bench Weber, and you will see imediate attitude improvement

The biggest team building exercise they can do right now is "Bench Weber". Just lifting Brewster is not enough, bench Adam Weber and you will see smiles on the players faces except maybe a few offensive lineman.
I would be willing to bet the happiest guys would be the WR group if Weber's sorry butt were benched as that means a ball would actually hit them in stride instead of getting blasted or hung out to dry. Even the attitude of the defense would improve if Weber were benched, as they would know they have a chance to be on the sideline a little bit and get some rest, not all of this three and out crap. That and get Donnel Kirkwood the ball, he will wear people out a little bit just hitting them.

Look, from Horton's perspective - he has a huge opportunity. He's not a permanent replacement, but if there's any issues replacing Brewster, the interim has to be considered. How does this happen? Easy: Beat anyone left on the schedule, please the fans, bond with the players.

Should he be considered? No. However, these next few weeks could be entertaining... or it'll just be a same lame duck version of what we've seen all year.

Side note: Horton as coach? Why him? I know he has NFL experience, but he's not even been around a full season with us.

Get Gray the ball more often. Seems like a no-brainer. Seems like we fall in love with a scheme and force it, rather than putting together a scheme to fit our players. Run offenses and defenses that take advantage of your strengths!

I just want them to play hard and quit making stupid mistakes. Maybe they were trying too hard given the cloud over Brewster (that also covered them) and this will help them focus. So I just want to see a calmer, more confident team. This team has been playing scared too much this season.

I want to see Gray play QB. It is inexcusable for this staff to let an entire season go by - especially when they are getting smoked - and not begin preparing a QB for next year. Brewster's loyalty to Adam Weber probably cost him his job. I have no doubt that Gray will provide a spark and a defensive challenge that will change offensive options.

If Horton was not DIRECTED to begin getting Gray in, then I see no coaching benefit to firing Brewster right now. You fire the guy because you expect some changes NOW.

It ticked me off that they paraded Adam Weber out to the media. But of course we get "Brew's boy" as the team spokesperson. Why not bring out players who will actually be impacted by this decision? Adam Weber - thankfully - is the past. This change needs to signal a focus on the future.

This staff has nothing to lose and everything to gain. I hope they have the courage to end the painfully mediocre Weber years and begin giving recruits a reason to keep Minnesota on their list.

I want to see Gray play QB. It is inexcusable for this staff to let an entire season go by - especially when they are getting smoked - and not begin preparing a QB for next year. Brewster's loyalty to Adam Weber probably cost him his job. I have no doubt that Gray will provide a spark and a defensive challenge that will change offensive options.

If Horton was not DIRECTED to begin getting Gray in, then I see no coaching benefit to firing Brewster right now. You fire the guy because you expect some changes NOW.

It ticked me off that they paraded Adam Weber out to the media. But of course we get "Brew's boy" as the team spokesperson. Why not bring out players who will actually be impacted by this decision? Adam Weber - thankfully - is the past. This change needs to signal a focus on the future.

This staff has nothing to lose and everything to gain. I hope they have the courage to end the painfully mediocre Weber years and begin giving recruits a reason to keep Minnesota on their list.

I'm afraid u are right as Horton was already kissin Webers ass today!

Let weber run pass routes and use a NEW QB!!!!!!!!! AND GET RID OF THOSE Wimpy White Helmets!!

I'd settle for just a couple of good tackles of opposing ballcarriers....especially on defense!

Top Bottom