What changes happen?

akgo4

Reaction score
So what changes happen in the off-season (if any)? I for one would like to see his duties change, with a new OLine coach coming in. That group regressed this year. I don't see Limegrover as the major reason the offense was so inconsistant. Until the coaching chnge happened, I dont think he was allowed much flexibility. Next year will be "prove it" time. He needs to be able to concentrate on 1 duty though.

hopefully a lot-- we were 2-6 and no where close to being in the upper half of our division

So what changes happen in the off-season (if any)? I for one would like to see his duties change, with a new OLine coach coming in. That group regressed this year. I don't see Limegrover as the major reason the offense was so inconsistant. Until the coaching chnge happened, I dont think he was allowed much flexibility. Next year will be "prove it" time. He needs to be able to concentrate on 1 duty though.

Few to any....but I don't understand all the people that think we will hire another offensive coach with the open position that is available. I haven't gone staff to staff but I doubt there are many/any that have 6 offensive assistants and only 3 defensive assistants.

Would like to see Sawvel get promoted to DC and someone from inside will probably be promoted (Nunez?) to fill the open spot on defense/special teams. I would expect them to continue with the traditional 5/4 split with the assistants between offense and defense.

Nothing probably. We just get progressively worse.

Technically the defensive coordinator job is open. I hope they don't just promote from within by default.

I'd love to repeat my plea to try Perra at QB, but even I admit that we're stuck with Mitch by necessity. If next year promises a chance to make some hay with a return to health and a soft schedule, you almost have to go with experience at the position.

I too would like to see a new defensive coordinator not just promote from within

Technically the defensive coordinator job is open. I hope they don't just promote from within by default.

I'd love see the end of the wide splits out of the front four and an actual pass rush generated by lineman being able to beat someone one on one. I get there were a ton of injury's but the guy's playing in the front four got zero push the last four games of the year and there really was not a lot of improvement.
Hard to hold the point of attack with inexperienced guys but some of that is the spacing up front. How are the defensive ends ever going to close down to the middle when they are consistently split out wide and running wide routes to the quarterback. Even when the pressure from the end got home we seldom finished off the QB and saw the QB escape all year. Today the Wisconsin offensive line just pushed around and kicked the crap out of the front seven. The turnovers didn't help but I didn't like how easy they were getting their hands on our D-lineman and linebackers and just pushing them around. We need faster and stronger players. There is still a lot of work to do for this program to move forward. Have to recruit faster and larger defensive lineman, it is a necessity. In the Big 10 you have to be both fast and have some size to play the D-line, otherwise you wear down and you get pummeled like they did today.
I don't hold nothing against the Team's effort or the coaches but, losing to Wisconsin year after year is really starting to wear on everyone. If you put that much emphasis on a game and opponent you should be able to find some weaknesses and a way to beat them from time to time. Get's sickening seeing so many students and season ticket holders sell their tickets to Badger fans like today's game, our fan base would sell their souls for a few bucks in the pocket to help pay for game tickets. Way to much Red in TCF today about as bad as it has ever been. Winning would help but so would people actually caring and stop selling their tickets to Bucky fans.

Top Bottom