what changes can we expect to see under Claeys?

Go4

Reaction score
when he took over a few years back, i feel like the offense opened up a bit more, we were a tad more aggressive (going on 4th down a few times, etc.). what are realistic tweaks that we can see with claeys vs what we had with kill?

I think we will be a little more aggressive in decisions that are made.

More down field shots on offense, I hope. Leidner's equally (in)accurate on a 30 yard fly pattern as a 5 yard out, so take a shot.

More down field shots on offense, I hope. Leidner's equally (in)accurate on a 30 yard fly pattern as a 5 yard out, so take a shot.
This is the main thing I'm hoping for. Maybe he can look at it now with his defensive glasses and say, "Man, we're easy to defend. Have to give the defense more to worry about."

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

I hope a little 3-4 front mixed in with J Huff as the joker or rover. Get Huff moving around so that Rudock doesn't know from what gap he is coming or if he will drop in coverage and cover. Keeps the Michigan O-line's hands off Huff, and makes him a weapon, just have him crashing open on the run or the QB.

This is a great time for Claeys to pull a few Trick or Treats on Harbaugh.

If so, I hope its........"Gotcha! You never saw or expected that one before!!"

I think they will be very aggressive. Why wouldn't you be?

Claeys did mention that while the path will remain the same, there will be little tweaks in personnel, so all the remaining games will be most interesting to see just what tweaks he and Limegrover make.

I would not be surprised if the Gophers played inspired football tomorrow night.

Will it be enough to overcome the fifteenth ranked Michigan? We shall soon see.

Claeys is not one to play conservative football.

I think we will be a little more aggressive in decisions that are made.

I agree.

Claeys should know he's got some slack to work with on Michigan, Ohio St, etc to pull out some stops. And make things fun for the players.

The team will fight their balls off. It was under Claeys that they ripped of that impressive offensive game against Nebraska with a bunch of new formations and plays. Hopefully we will see the cobwebs of our playbook tomorrow.

Claeys did mention that while the path will remain the same, there will be little tweaks in personnel, so all the remaining games will be most interesting to see just what tweaks he and Limegrover make.

I'm confused why we'd see tweaks in personnel. Why would that be? Do Claeys/Limegrover see players differently than Kill? If so, that's very interesting to me. Lots of the tough GH'ers would've adamantly disagreed with such a suggestion!!!

I'm confused why we'd see tweaks in personnel. Why would that be? Do Claeys/Limegrover see players differently than Kill? If so, that's very interesting to me. Lots of the tough GH'ers would've adamantly disagreed with such a suggestion!!!
Celestin starting at MLB for one.

I think they will be very aggressive. Why wouldn't you be?

As an interim coach, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by "rolling the dice" a few times. While we've been well scouted; Claeys system has not. That's why this may be a trap game for Michigan.

Speculations:
If TC opens up the offense to put on a very exciting brand of football, the players will have fun. When they have fun, they'll play more loose and the game will flow smoothly and they'll win.

The fans will have fun. The endowments will go up, the number of contributing donors & dollar amounts will increase, and the number of top notch student applicants will rise. And then the Northern Fairy godmother will grant us our wish.

I also speculate that the defense will still be the backbone, but the offense will be explosive - a potent combo. This could very well be the new Gopher Football look tweak that he is talking about.

We've got to get Poljan, Snelson, Bryant/Boyd or any other recruits interested.

If the Gophers can beat two of three against Michigan, Iowa, and Wisconsin, the case for him to be the next permanent HC is slam dunk.

Then, the administration will focus on keeping him here long term and not get stolen by other schools hungry for a a coaching staff that have been together the longest in college football - a stable commodity. I am just worried about the administration fumbling this one. I hope that they proved that what Jim Carter has said is wrong. Otherwise, it will be always tough to put a winning program here. Are they really that psychotic?

Beat tOSU, and this will be the story Gopher fans will talk about for years. It is nice to dream big. Oh dear fairy godmother... pretty please.

More DC11 if I was to guess.

Top Bottom