What can we learn about Auburn football history?

BleedGopher

Reaction score
I'll start with a mic drop in Auburn football history lore...a legend upon legends:

1575917353249.png

Go Gophers!!

Looks like that ESPN 30/30 doc isn't readily available online, but if you can track it down "Roll Tide/War Eagle" is prob one of the best sports documentaries in a long long time. We may Hate Iowa but the rivers of hate run deeeeeep down in Alabama.

One of their greatest moments?

Oh yeah. Can you imagine us doing something like that to WI to drop them from CFP consideration? And magnify it quite a bit more since Alabama has actually won a championship before, so there was legitimacy to their championship quest. Watching the replay is awesome.

Knocking Alabama out of Championship contention is one of our specialties

Oh yeah. Can you imagine us doing something like that to WI to drop them from CFP consideration? And magnify it quite a bit more since Alabama has actually won a championship before, so there was legitimacy to their championship quest. Watching the replay is awesome.
This is how the Gophers will win the Outback bowl! :D

I believe I saw that Auburn is the most chaotic/unpredictable team in college football, they have a long running tendency to be great when they’re expected to be terrible and vice versa.

image.thumb.png.fd4ace973568139e358d87d1addbf5de.png

Found this on one of their sites. Not sure if it's been shared on this board yet.

per STrib:

Auburn's most famous football players and coach: QB Cam Newton (2010), RB Bo Jackson (1992-95), QB Pat Sullivan (1969-71), Coach John Heisman (1895-99). Yes, he's the Heisman of the Heisman Trophy

Go Gophers!!

per STrib:

Auburn's most famous football players and coach: QB Cam Newton (2010), RB Bo Jackson (1992-95), QB Pat Sullivan (1969-71), Coach John Heisman (1895-99). Yes, he's the Heisman of the Heisman Trophy

Go Gophers!!

Second bowl game in a row against a formerly Heisman-coached team. He also led Clemson and Rice. Gophers are undefeated against all of them. It's the curse of Paul Giel!

no history is complete:

Report: Cam Newton And Father Admit To “Pay-For-Play” Scandal
The NCAA findings on the Newton investigation were unprecedented, look it up. When the "alleged" scheme went down, Newton did not even have a commitable offer from AU, look that up as well.

Getting the feeling you really don't like Auburn much...I guess you're not alone. What is verifiable is that we do have a strong history of being sanctioned by the NCAA. During Dye's tenure, which you may also want to look up, we were second only to Wichita State all time. Thankfully we've only been accused in the last few decades.

I wonder if any Auburn fans (or any non-Minnesota fans really) has any idea that we're the only team that's ever won 5 national titles in 8 years. Alabama, with their 5 titles in 9 years from 09-17, is the only program to come close since.

Maybe we should post things about MN football history on an Auburn board.

Guys, calm down a little.... Auburn is a good football program, but they are not a god! This is embarrassing how much people are in awe of a stupid bowl opponent. Maybe you will calm down after we win.

I wonder if any Auburn fans (or any non-Minnesota fans really) has any idea that we're the only team that's ever won 5 national titles in 8 years. Alabama, with their 5 titles in 9 years from 09-17, is the only program to come close since.

Maybe we should post things about MN football history on an Auburn board.
I'll apologize for not knowing...the name of this forum was very enlightening to me.
Bammer claims 17 national championships which is a farce, about half of them are made up.

I know that it took them longer than the U to integrate African Americans into their classrooms and onto their football rosters.

I'll start with a mic drop in Auburn football history lore...a legend upon legends:

View attachment 6733

Go Gophers!!

Didn't Auburn get beat by UCF a few a few years back I cant remember.

Do any Auburn fans really think that the Gophers are weaker than UCF was a few years back?

Yes, I'm GSUsTALON & I stand behind a Gopher VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!

Some say things are neather right nor wrong but thinking makes it so.

If you THINK that UCF was the TRUE NC that year them you should really look at the TOP 4 in the FBS playoffs were and was UCF in those playoffs. Just because a Govinor of any State decreese it so doesn't make it so!

Auburn is basically the Michigan State of the SEC. The engineering/ag school a little overshadowed by the bigger name school in state, even though they often beat them. Wildly up and down between amazingly good and disappointing, a bit scandal prone, and neither one of them like Nick Saban all that much.

If you THINK that UCF was the TRUE NC that year them you should really look at the TOP 4 in the FBS playoffs were and was UCF in those playoffs. Just because a Govinor of any State decreese it so doesn't make it so!

Excellent analysis. You got a diploma from Georgia Southern?

Excellent analysis. You got a diploma from Georgia Southern?

Why yes, yes I did graduate from Georgia Southern in 1987.

I not only received a superior education, but with age comes wisdom. Now that I have retired it also allows me to partake in more adult beverages on a nightly bases...….........….. :cool:

Last edited:

Why yes, yes I did graduated from Georgia Southern in 1987.

I not only received a superior degree, but with age comes wisdom. Now that I have retired it also allows me to partake in more adult beverages on a nightly bases...….........….. :cool:
You mean “in moderation“ ....

Top Bottom