What became of Noreen?

Go Gophs eh?

Reaction score
Has he committed somewhere or what? Maybe he'll just sit this year out?

yea perfect score, wasnt northwestern a candidate? and yes, the west coast is where he is looking at now.

With all the changes on this year's team, where are we at with scholarships? Do we have one available(royce's)? Or do we now have two since Mbakwe was released from his scholarship? I'm not a huge Noreen fan, but he would seem to be a nice get at this point. Tubby just hasn't really shown any interest though.....

Currently visiting the pacific northwest schools: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/huskymensbasketballblog/2012107235_reports_kevin_n.html

The article also says that Noreen reportedly scored a 36 on the ACT. It's been a long time since I took the ACT, but isn't 36 a perfect score? I would have thought we'd have heard about that before if that was the case.

It is, if he really scored a 36 he might think about going to a school where academics take top priority and sports come second, division II with a scholership or a school like Northwestern. Not sure his future is in the NBA.

It is, if he really scored a 36 he might think about going to a school where academics take top priority and sports come second, division II with a scholership or a school like Northwestern. Not sure his future is in the NBA.

That's a ridiculous comment. Division II? You may not like his game but to insinuate Noreen is D2 caliber or anyone who attends an academic instituions doesn't have an NBA future is outlandish.

Gopherhole should introduce a "kangaroo court" system when you post idiotic comments gets you an "X" number of days ban.

No doubt Noreen is a smart kid but I have heard too many people question the perfect ACT score to really believe it anymore.

There is ZERO chance he will end up a Gopher.

Not going to rip the Noreen's like alot of people locally are doing, but they are looking for a perfect fit and so far have not found it. They certainly have dragged this out way, way longer than anyone thought possible and have alot of coaches really scratching there heads.

Northwestern was the most logical fit but they have probably blown that opportunity. NU coaches haven't heard from them in awhile and doubt that they can get him into school at this late time. I have a friend who knows a Northwestern coach pretty well and they commented that the Noreens are used to dealing with basketball schools where the coach has alot of power and can pull some strings with admissions but they are making a huge mistake if they think they can just show up at Northwestern in June and think they are getting admitted for the fall, it doesn't work like that.

No doubt Noreen is a smart kid but I have heard too many people question the perfect ACT score to really believe it anymore.

I publicly doubted his score, and I have no inside information. The ACT claims that less than one tenth of one percent achieve 36's, and I am sure it is much less than that.

The reason I doubt is because of the level of intellectual ability and amount of time devoted to studying necessary to achieve a 36 is not likely to be found in a D1 basketball prospect spending much of his time training for his sport, and receiving an education at Minnesota Transitions (not taking a shot, but it is not a school of good repute as Greatschools shows -- a 2 out of 10). I went to a college prep school in MN and my fiancee goes to Caltech in CA, and I've met just a handful of people in these experiences that scored a 36...and none of them were stellar athletes ;)

Having said all of that, it is entirely possible that he scored a 36. Unless it is verified by a reputable source (Star Trib/Pioneer Press), I will doubt it.

If you have a perfect ACT and are wanted on the basketball team, I bet you could show up anytime before school starts and get admitted.

Husky Digest Writer talks Noreen

I usually am a fan of cougars, but wouldn't like to see Washington State make a habit of attracting top Minnesota talent.

"Arkansas, Providence, Northwestern and WSU are his finalists"...

"Another plus for him though in regards to WSU was that the Cougs were recruiting his younger brother Kyle, who is a very good prospect in his own right in the 2011 class. Kyle, according to Sherman has had epic battles with another Coug 2011 recruit from Minnesota in forward Ross Travis, who told us yesterday that WSU has told him that he's their top guy in 2011. We'll see how extensive the Minneapolis pipeline turns out to be for Ken Bone and his Cougar staff, but they seem to be well underway in the land of 10,000 Lakes."

Top Bottom