What are the chances for some nice late surprise unexpected commitments?

hungan1

Reaction score
With a few people moving on early opening up about seven scholies, wouldn't it be nice if the Gophers get lucky and nab one or two unexpected high quality three stars or four stars who have fallen off other team rosters due to over signings or other reasons?

Maybe team mates of those already committed like Dior Johnson (Ray Buford)? We need to build up depth where needed.

Are Kill & Co. going to find some hidden gems this late? They seem to know their way into the boondocks of the recruiting world.

We have to be wary of Harbaugh poaching some of our recruits.

With a few people moving on early opening up about seven scholies, wouldn't it be nice if the Gophers get lucky and nab one or two unexpected high quality three stars or four stars who have fallen off other team rosters due to over signings or other reasons?

Maybe team mates of those already committed like Dior Johnson (Ray Buford)? We need to build up depth where needed.

Are Kill & Co. going to find some hidden gems this late? They seem to know their way into the boondocks of the recruiting world.

We have to be wary of Harbaugh poaching some of our recruits.

Sometimes there are juco players that we don't here much about before signing day. Wasn't Wilson under the radar before we signed him? I may be wrong on this and might be thinking of someone else.

50-50, but according to Chuck Klosterman, everything in life is 50-50. It'll either happen or it won't.

Signing day is in about 20 days, so it's unlikely we're going to end up with someone at that time we've never heard of. The most likely recruits to commit are those that have visited and are still undecided and those that have visits coming up. Here is my order of likelihood for who we end up with...

1. Bryce Witham (TE)
2. Mose Hall (DE)
3. Hunter Register (WR)
4. Jamal Milan (DT)
5. John Kelly (All Everything)
6. McKinley Whitfield (OLB)
7. Brandon Singleton (WR)
8. Anthony McKee (OLB)

We probably end up with 4-5 of those 8 players. Others that are left are Anree Saint-Amour, but he's probably Stanford bound. Sykes and Davis had offers at one point but they appear to have dried up. Wyatt Ray is a BC commit and visited, but I doubt he flips this late. Kill said the remaining priorities are 1 safety, 1 OLB, 2-3 D-lineman, 1-2 WRs, and a TE.

I hope we give 2 or 3 schollies to walk ons and then Kill will fill out the rest of the class fine if his history is continued this year. They seem to be able to hit on some pretty good players during the last week or so each year. It will be nice next year if we'e much more buttoned up 20 days from signing day I think it would coincide with us having a higher end overall class.

If all else fails, 1-2 of the PWO's will possibly get a scholarship.

Signing day is in about 20 days, so it's unlikely we're going to end up with someone at that time we've never heard of. The most likely recruits to commit are those that have visited and are still undecided and those that have visits coming up. Here is my order of likelihood for who we end up with...

1. Bryce Witham (TE)
2. Mose Hall (DE)
3. Hunter Register (WR)
4. Jamal Milan (DT)
5. John Kelly (All Everything)
6. McKinley Whitfield (OLB)
7. Brandon Singleton (WR)
8. Anthony McKee (OLB)

We probably end up with 4-5 of those 8 players. Others that are left are Anree Saint-Amour, but he's probably Stanford bound. Sykes and Davis had offers at one point but they appear to have dried up. Wyatt Ray is a BC commit and visited, but I doubt he flips this late. Kill said the remaining priorities are 1 safety, 1 OLB, 2-3 D-lineman, 1-2 WRs, and a TE.

Unless it has been confirmed elsewhere that my statement is wrong, I also think it is very possible we flip a Wake Forest committment in DB Dior Johnson.

I think this thread could've been kept in the recruiting thread.

I'm sure there will be some new names popping up now that the dead period is over. Whether they will be high 3 stars or 4 stars - probably not. That doesn't mean they won't be good players though.

If all else fails, 1-2 of the PWO's will possibly get a scholarship.

I doubt they'd commit 4 years of scholarship to an incoming PWO- I could see them rewarding a senior walk-on or two - and then having that scholarship available again next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone said it (I believe GopherProf) in another thread, but Ndondo-Lay is a shoo-in for a scholarship. He'll be a senior and played a lot on the D-line. If Perra is our 3rd string QB, I'm sure he gets one as well.

Scholarships are given on a yearly basis. A student-athlete signing out of high school certainly would assume 4-5 years of being on scholarship, but it's not guaranteed. A walk-on receiving a scholarship would absolutely understand that it was for one year only.

Top Bottom