What are administration's intentions re: the contract of this brewster?

4starrecruit

Banned
Reaction score
Did you ever wonder why maturi made a feeble statement about extending this brewster's contract last December in the aftermath of that 55-0 thrashing brewster took at the hands of a Big Ten Foe in the final game at the dome? Certainly, he knew, if he went public there would be a firestorm of criticism and objection. In other words, surely, he KNEW that he would not have to actually renew that contract before the outcome of the game with Kansas was known. And then the Kansas game turned into a blow-out loss as well.

The result? This brewster now has under three years remaining on his contract and time is winding down towards nearer two years. Certainly, it is a dangerous game that maturi and the administration are playing for the future of the Gopher Football Program.

Doesn't this kind of remind a person of the situation with the former coach. This maturi was always talking about wanting to get the former coach renewed starting at about the three year mark. But, a funny thing happened on the way to that extension...it NEVER happened. Tick tock, tick tock...the clock kept running down. This maturi always indicated that talks about the contract situation were high on his priority...tick tick, tick tock...Finally it was December of 2005 and there was not time left in the contract...and THEN the former coach was signed to a long-term extension.

"...there's something happening here
what it is ain't exactly clear..."

Is this maturi really looking for a time to extend this brewster's contract, OR, is he just being joel? What darkness lurks within the heart of joel maturi when it comes to contract extensions for football coaches at the University of Minnesota?

A Big Ten football coach with under three years left on his contract is a Big Ten football coach who MAY be on his way out.

Or, was this maturi so badly burned by that many million dollar buy out caused by the haphazzard way he first let the contract of the former coach run down to nothing and THEN by the long-term contract extension that finally was signed and bought out the next season?

Is it a strategy? Or, is it a pattern? The maturi shell game...the maturi stall...

This brewster needs to watch his back...this maturi is a KNOWN staller.

On the other hand, this brewster can take the ball in his own hands and win five or six Big Ten games in 2009 and force this maturi's hand...force the issue...take it to this maturi!

tick tock, tick tock..."...quickly go the days...September...November..."

"Sunrise...sunset..." Before you know it...the contract is under two years remaining.
And there is NO more time for "fiddling" around and stalling.

Opposing Big Ten coaches notice things like that. So do some fans. ; 0 )

And your point Yoda?

Yada Yada Yada

I'm going to start a pledge drive. The "Get Wayne Rendahl to Leave Gopher Hole" campaign.

What kind of money would it take to get you to go away and never post here again?

I know I would pitch in at least $20 to make this happen.

Name your price.

I'm serious.

3 years left on the contract. Pfffft. That means the game against Syracuse is only 2.777% of the remaining games under contract. Plenty of time.

128660498159844805.jpg

Edwards, Gjere, Lewis and Parish don't seen too concerned!

We know one thing. Brewster is not publically looking at other HC positions.
the 2009 season will play itself out and then Maturi can do his thing.

Well, dopodoll: THAT is an interesting concept. However, I would not accept one penny. Let's put the price tag at $10,000.00 to be paid in full to GOPHER HOLE. This would need to be administerd. paid by credit card by PAYPAL to Gopher Hole. The receipt of the money by GOPHER HOLE would need to be confirmed by Jason and Dave and who ever else is accountable at GOPHER HOLE that I could trust to be honest. Perhaps Bayfield could be consulted in providing verification that the $10,000.00 had been paid in full to GOPHER HOLE.

Just think: IF you could raise $200.00 contributions by only fifty Gopher Hole readers, GOPHER HOLE would be $10,000.00 better off and just think what a great site they could contriue to produce. They could royally kick the butts of that chintzy gi site. THAT would be a GREAT thing!

Or, for $100.00 a pop, it would take only 100 of you to buy the wren off the island!

Better yet, round up 200 of your best brewster apologists and a mere $50.00 paid pledge to GOPHER HOLE would get the job done.

If you are a good organizer, you could get 400 people to pony up $25.00 each and I would consider my buy out to have been for a far better purpose. I greatly respect and admire what Jason and Dave C. have done and would go away IF $10,000.00 is contributed to GOPHER HOLE in honor of my future absence from here.

It has to be proven to me by Dave and Jason though. They are honorable men!

I would prefer to call the drive the: "There you GO again, wren...$10,000.00 Challenge..."

Perhaps you could stage a golf outing with a "shotgun" start. For an extra $1,000.00 contribution to GOPHER HOLE, I won't appear at the golf outing! (In fact, if it is a shotgun affair, I probably should reconsider this phase of the pledge drive... ; 0 )

I'll be more than willing to take my leave IF the price to GOPHER HOLE is right!

I'd consider it an honor to raise some money for Jason and Dave!

wren

Wren, I say this in all seriousness. ... get some help. See someone. Please!

It is long and wrambling but the point is legit. You can't let coaches get down below three years. Almost every contract rolls over for a year at three years. Maturi should have let Mason go once he got down to zero. I think he wanted to but then panicked once he realized Mason still had alot of support and this could scuttle the stadium.

Firing him a year into an extension made no sense (though personally I think he had stopped trying and was gonig through the motions).

If Brewster doesn't have an extension of at least a year by the start of the Big Ten season, he should start getting nervous.

selectionsunday: I really do wish you would get some help for that odds-making fixation...that furthers gambling on college sports you know. That is a seriously troubling problem for you.

There, buddy, it will all be all right! ; 0 )

Edwards, Gjere, Lewis and Parish don't seen too concerned!

We know one thing. Brewster is not publically looking at other HC positions.
the 2009 season will play itself out and then Maturi can do his thing.

Let's not count these recruits until the season is atleast over if not at signing day. With the options some of these kids have, should we have a poor season again I wouldn't be surprised to see these kids open up their recruitment again.

If anyone in GH believes that Maturi is the person calling the shots on Brewster's extension they are delusional. Bruininks is extremely involved with everything that goes on at the U. Everyone drawing a paycheck from the U marches in lockstep to his every whim. Or else.

his posts make cents, brew be gone soon nuff

Now this is funny. Wren has two (maybe more) user names and is complimenting his own posts. As somebody else said, he does need to see somebody. Having said that, my heart goes out to the counselor that needs to hear his blathering about "Prexy B" as he lays on the couch.

This whole thing is so over-blown. I hear the same stuff here in VA about Al Groh. "Oh my god they didn't pick up his option year, that means he's going to be fired." That was 3 years ago. Just because a coach doesn't have 4 years on his contract doesn't mean he's in danger and just because he just signed a long extension doesn't mean he's safe (as we have seen.)

If the Gophers completely tank this year, Brewster will be gone, and he should be. Recruits know this whether he has 3 or 6 years on his contract. If they go 9-3, he will surely get his extension. Doing it now or in the middle of the season makes little sense, all you're doing is making any buyout more expensive. Unless it's down to the last year like it was with Mason, this whole topic is irrelevant.

Our previous 2 coaches were fired 1 year after signing an extension. Extensions are meaningless.

Wacker's was a one year extension.

Ok, so don't sign this breewster to an extension. Let the contract run down to nothing. I can live with that. Those other schools in the Big Ten won't say a darn thing to potential recruits will they darren? They are so understanding...kind...and compassionate... ; 0 )

Ok, so don't sine this breewster to an extension. Let the sucker run down to nothing. I can live with that. Those other schools in the Big Ten won't say a darn thing to potential recruits will they darren? They are so understanding...kind...and compassionate... ; 0 )

You're as bad as PantherHawk. Please go away.

his posts make cents, brew be gone soon nuff

I gotta be honest I don't read the wrambler's posts, but that fact that you give him a salute speaks volumes at the "quality" of his posts.

Do you wear big red shoes when you are clowning yourself on these forums?

This Brewster

Coach Brewster ought to introduce himself to this 4starrecruit because this fourstarrecruit like to say "this Brewster" so much that it appears obvious he thinks This is Brewster's first name. Or maybe he is afraid that we will mistake this Brewster with that Brewster since we all know who that Brewster is. That Brewster should not be confused with Punky Brewster who is sometimes mistaken for this Brewster by fans from Wisky and Iowa. That is, of course, unless this Brewster is the aforementioned Punky Brewster who is now under contract with the university to raise awareness of that Brewster. But I could be wrong because this Brewster might be a female married to that brewster who had those Brewsters. I hope this has now cleared up any possible confusion. I am sure that this Brewster will forgive my dangling participle and other grammatical errors because they just seemed so appropriate for this post.

Ok, so don't sign this breewster to an extension. Let the contract run down to nothing. I can live with that. Those other schools in the Big Ten won't say a darn thing to potential recruits will they darren? They are so understanding...kind...and compassionate... ; 0 )

Pretty sure Wacker got a 3 year extension at the end of 1995 but there was a stipulation that the University could fire him without penalty if the team failed to win 5 or 6 games in 1996.

You might be right Darren. My recollection was that Dienhart extended him one year with the stipulation that he would need to win a significant number of Big Ten games. However, you certainly may be and probably are correct.

Guys, you've got to stop listening to this guy's logic and egging him on. He clearly pisses away whole days typing up his tirades and rants, and they always boil down to the same old message. Don't make the same mistake he is making and argue ad infinitum about the same thing (I'm guessing he has no job; I hope some of you do)-- put him on ignore and be done with it!

It is pantherhawk.

Make no mistake; Wren bleeds maroon & gold. It's just that he bleeds all the time, which has led to his brain suffering severe oxygen deprivation.

Top Bottom