What About this Name: Leslie Frickin' Frazier

LesBolstad

Reaction score
as next Gopher coach. I assume he wants to be an NFL head coach, but seems he is picked over year after year. Perhaps he's sick of being overlooked and would consider a return to college ball. 9 years collegiate head coach, couple years as B10 coord. with Illini, fantastic defensive mind and was hand picked by Dungy to assist. Got to believe he has a lot of recruiting contacts.

as next Gopher coach. I assume he wants to be an NFL head coach, but seems he is picked over year after year. Perhaps he's sick of being overlooked and would consider a return to college ball. 9 years collegiate head coach, couple years as B10 coord. with Illini, fantastic defensive mind and was hand picked by Dungy to assist. Got to believe he has a lot of recruiting contacts.

What about this thread: http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?t=21796

Way to regurgitate old news.

wow what a choice, you must be a maverick, do you have a momma grizzly helping you with your ideas.

Frazier does seem to be the Dungy of this era, where's he's "Mr. Rooney Rule" when an NFL coach gets fired.

I'm sure Frazier is a very accomplished football guy, but I hope we go the college route this time.

I like LesBolstads thinking...I would take Leslie.

I had a hard time believing Maturi, however....do we expect to hire someone before the end of the season and then if it is an NFL guy it will be longer...my point, anyone worth anything won't be available until Jan. 1 anyway...obviously he needs a list of guys to target...why not just say we fired Brewster because the program is completely messed up and we will have a coach by signing day.

How about a real long shot...Pete Carroll...safe to say he ran to the NFL because of the problems at USC, and I imagine he was not sure if the NCAA would ban him from coaching so he needed the NFL. He might be the Tubby Smith of college football, a guy who is not really in a place he wants to be? Long shot, but if I am Joel I call his agent at least! I know he got a win today, but I don't see a real strong record for Seattle.

I like LesBolstads thinking...I would take Leslie.

I had a hard time believing Maturi, however....do we expect to hire someone before the end of the season and then if it is an NFL guy it will be longer...my point, anyone worth anything won't be available until Jan. 1 anyway...obviously he needs a list of guys to target...why not just say we fired Brewster because the program is completely messed up and we will have a coach by signing day.

How about a real long shot...Pete Carroll...safe to say he ran to the NFL because of the problems at USC, and I imagine he was not sure if the NCAA would ban him from coaching so he needed the NFL. He might be the Tubby Smith of college football, a guy who is not really in a place he wants to be? Long shot, but if I am Joel I call his agent at least! I know he got a win today, but I don't see a real strong record for Seattle.

Seattle is first in a very weak division and Carroll has pretty much full GM authority. I don't foresee him leaving there. He is also much closer to California (where i assume he'd want to stay) in Seattle than he would be in Minnesota. Not saying a guy of Carroll's caliber wouldn't come here, but I don't think Carroll himself would. Besides, isn't he an NFL guy now :rolleyes:

"What About this Name: Leslie Frickin' Frazier"

What about this name: Brett Freaking Favre?

Top Bottom