What’s going on from a Purdue fan

Boilermakerd

Banned
Reaction score
I was expecting to fear you with faalele back. Fleck has had brohms number.

are there boatloads of injuries that are hitting one unit or many units hard? Are you so weak in one area like our offensive line that it’s just crippling you?

or is bowling green a great non p5 team?

are there boatloads of injuries that are hitting one unit or many units hard? Are you so weak in one area like our offensive line that it’s just crippling you?

We will beat Purdue. I know that much.

Thanks for dropping by.

Suggest going through the other threads. Plenty of intel already compiled.

Good luck next Saturday.

WR injuries...Offensive coordinator is a joke....Special teams are a mess....I see Purdue has RB and QB issues of it's own...I expect a low scoring game

It wasn’t that kinda post and I’m not saying you won’t.. I was just expecting a team to fear more than yesterday.. was genuinely curious what’s going on.. for example our QB position is in disarray, OL sucks, rest of offense injured

Well, the problems yesterday were entirely on offense and special teams with a lot of negative credit going to the coaches. The only good thing from yesterday's game is that the defense has now played two consecutive good games after opening with two mediocre ones.

I don't know what to say. Our offense played reasonably well in the first three games but was horrific yesterday. The much vaunted big, veteran offensive line was really bad and was undone by a much younger and smaller defensive line. Our QB now appears to be a shell of his former self and, unlike Purdue, we don't have a backup with any experience. Our two best receivers barely played and the remaining ones rarely created any space.

Well, the problems yesterday were entirely on offense and special teams with a lot of negative credit going to the coaches. The only good thing from yesterday's game is that the defense has now played two consecutive good games after opening with two mediocre ones.

I don't know what to say. Our offense played reasonably well in the first three games but was horrific yesterday. The much vaunted big, veteran offensive line was really bad and was undone by a much younger and smaller defensive line. Our QB now appears to be a shell of his former self and, unlike Purdue, we don't have a backup with any experience. Our two best receivers barely played and the remaining ones rarely created any space.
I think often times big ten lines can struggle in one game against players that are tough to get their hands on. So that probably explains a lot. I won’t be expecting faalele to get trucked by karlaftis, that’s for sure

Every single team that runs a 3-4 base defense (not saying Purdue does, I don't know), that doesn't run exactly the defensive gameplan that Bowling Green ran against us, is insane.
We run a 4-2-5/4-3 type defense. Best Purdue defense in 18 years. Offense reminds me of the Caleb terbush danny hope days without bell lol

We have another sr qb that peaked in his sophomore year. Welcome to 50 years of gopher football.
Okay but much like us.. If the receivers aren’t there I’m not sure that’s on Morgan. Morgan turns into a sick blend of mike Vick and Tom Brady against us so…

Okay but much like us.. If the receivers aren’t there I’m not sure that’s on Morgan. Morgan turns into a sick blend of mike Vick and Tom Brady against us so…
Might be the first time I have ever heard Tanner Morgan compared to Mike Vick in any way :)

Actually back in 2019 the guy he most often resembled was Drew Brees.

As for this year, the biggest issue is we have no idea what our team is going to look like on Saturday because every game has been very different so far this year.

Ohio State - Played pretty well across the board, defense was victimized by big plays but outside of that we left that game feeling pretty good about the team. Downside was our star running back was lost for the year.

Miami OH - Controlled the first half and went in up 21-3. Then played one of the worst quarters of football I have seen on all sides of the ball to let them back in the game. On the plus side, the backup running back seems like he is going to be solid.

Colorado - Went to their place and kicked the crap out of a power 5 team. D held their offense under 100 yards for the game and we scored 30+ points. Kicker missed a couple makeable kicks but outside of that it was a dominant effort and one that had people really excited about the rest of the season.

Bowling Green - Defense continued to play well but the offense, special teams, and coaches crapped the bed bigtime. How our offense only managed 10 points against a team like that is beyond me.

So as we head to game 5 we legitimately have no clue what the real version of the 2021 Gophers is going to be. Fleck teams have dinked around with non-conf teams before and turned it on in the Big Ten season. Whether or not this team is capable of that remains to be seen.

I think we have a pretty good team from top to bottom but it is tough to say that after the horrible performance we just witnessed yesterday. So yeah, anything to could happen this Saturday.

Thanks for stopping by. It will be an interesting game. I remember seeing the spread of Gophers -31 and if it was easier to sports gamble here I probably would have spent the dog food money on that. Fleck and staff game plan in such a vanilla way for non conference. I don’t know if Morgan got concussed on a big hit early in the game but in the limited passing plays where he had 3 seconds he did not look good. I am not ready to write off Morgan yet. When good he has been Drew Brees lite, and if given good offensive play calling I think he could bounce back.

We haven't been horrendous like we were yesterday, but in PJ's tenure we've been damn lucky to rescue several games against lower teams. I was already getting nervous after the first quarter when we had no separation. My theory is that the players know we're just going with basic stuff and they show up in a casual mood. Our offensive line was about as passive as could be and it started there. Expect a much different attitude in league play, but I'm not sure you can make any predictions based on yesterday's game.

Can you give me a short list?

Us:

1) offensive line sucks - can’t run block
2) QB position in flux
3) massive injuries at offensive skill positions
Minnesota list:
1) OC sucks, very bland predictable offense
2) QB regressing under OC (who is also the QB coach)
3) Special Teams are a mess
4) No Mohamed Ibrahim
5) WR Chris Autman Bell can’t stay healthy

It wasn’t that kinda post and I’m not saying you won’t.. I was just expecting a team to fear more than yesterday.. was genuinely curious what’s going on.. for example our QB position is in disarray, OL sucks, rest of offense injured
The OL played horrible. We were extremely vanilla and predictable on offense: ran the ball 79% of the time on 1st & 2nd down.

The cat's out of the bag now. The Gophers Offense can be derailed easily.

So synopsis of the offense is OL good at least in the run game, RB good but you guys maybe just don’t have receivers who are playing big ten football now?

Read the board. We have a new OC and he sucks. I’m guessing MN will play better this Saturday though.

Offensive line was terrible.

Does your head coach still have a crush on our head coach? He is obsessed with Fleck

Can you give me a short list?

Us:

1) offensive line sucks - can’t run block
2) QB position in flux
3) massive injuries at offensive skill positions
We are also celebrating Bob Diaco clone at offense side of the game. He is called Mike Sanford. Doing as well as BD has done at many stops. That's all you need to know abt our offense. When Purdue hire BD I laughed. Not sure i should laugh or angry rn.

Top Bottom