Western Michigan confirms P.J. Fleck leaving for Minnesota

I do feel bad for WMU fans. Nobody wants to lose their coach this way. Hopefully they can replace him with someone who can keep moving forward with what he built.

They are taking it remarkably well, at least on twitter, a lot of support and confidence for their AD who made the Fleck hire in the first place.

One of the TV guys put up this statement from Fleck, but deleted it (yes, I screen grab just about everything) - not sure why...
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Edit - clarified - the TV guy did take it down because he put it out there too fast, but is the correct statement from Fleck.

They are taking it remarkably well, at least on twitter, a lot of support and confidence for their AD who made the Fleck hire in the first place.

He took that program to unprecedented heights and really galvanized the community. Wife is from the area and mother-in-law still lives nearby (and is a WMU alum), said the town went Western Michigan crazy like she's never seen. I think they appreciate the work he did there but understand that's the life of a G5 team.

I do feel bad for WMU fans. Nobody wants to lose their coach this way. Hopefully they can replace him with someone who can keep moving forward with what he built.

Yup, it sucks how that works. I feel for them.

I can feel for WSU fans, I am thrilled that the shoe is on the other foot for once.

One of the TV guys put up this statement from Fleck, but deleted it (yes, I screen grab just about everything) - not sure why...
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Glad he prayed on it. Did he pray on the decision to leave his wife and run off with that piece of trash? Fleck will be out of here as soon as he gets a better offer, assuming that God gives him the green light to do so.

Haven't had a chance to keep up, but we've already got people worried that we'll be like them some day.

Top Bottom