Westbrook

UofM Fan

Reaction score
This guy drives me nuts. Half the time I am screaming at him for taking out of control shots and then he single handedly wins games with tough drives and terrific foul shooting.

I love his toughness (physical and mental) and I am glad he is on our team.

Now lets beat Michigan and leave absolutely no doubt!

only if he can show up for consecutive games now! dont take 4 games off and then come back with a game like tonight....keep this momentum going for once.

This guy drives me nuts. Half the time I am screaming at him for taking out of control shots and then he single handedly wins games with tough drives and terrific foul shooting.

Lol. I was saying about the same thing to my wife down the stretch. Lawrence really came through tonight. Well done !

I think the difference for him tonight was that he went to the rim to get his buckets. He struugles when he relies on long jumpers. I also like that he was aggressive in the early offense before the D had a chance to set up.

His game kind of mirrors the team. We weren't taking contested outside jumpers tonight, but were getting the ball inside via passing or driving. Our greatest advantage is our length and off rebounding and many of the posters here have said that all year.

I also liked the movement on offense, we looked like a different team early on--not all the standing around and dribbling down the shot clock.

Great win!

Good point

I think the difference for him tonight was that he went to the rim to get his buckets. He struugles when he relies on long jumpers. I also like that he was aggressive in the early offense before the D had a chance to set up.

His game kind of mirrors the team. We weren't taking contested outside jumpers tonight, but were getting the ball inside via passing or driving. Our greatest advantage is our length and off rebounding and many of the posters here have said that all year.

I also liked the movement on offense, we looked like a different team early on--not all the standing around and dribbling down the shot clock.

Great win!

This is exactly what Jim Jackson said in the post game. When asked how the Gophers got the win, he said "they did it by getting to the basket". Excellent point. Another game with horrible 3-point shooting, but dominated in the paint.

It's nice to start having some success in the paint area, but it hasn't translated yet into teams giving the Gophers open 3-pointers. It seems most teams are guarding the perimeter against the Gophers and taking their chances with the freshmen in the paint.

Hopefully this success lately in the paint will translate into more open perimeter shots.

Top Bottom