Westbrook and the loose ball

brucekaupa

**** Commander
Reaction score
The play that enraged me the most last night.

Loose ball rolling away from Westbook.

He jogs toward the ball with one eye on basket at the other end of the wide open court in front of him.

He bends down try to start the dribble before even establishing possession...both eyes now on the basket.

But wait, what's this? A Michigan player comes DIVING in to get the loose ball. Then another. Then a Gopher on top of them.

All the while, Westbrook is standing in shock, waiting for the ball to pop out so he can run down and score.

Laziest play I've seen all season. He should've been benched for the game after that.

I was surprised at how Spencer ripped the team for this very fact - that Michigan went after every loose ball and we didn't. He even asked Tubby about it after the game and Tubby was equally frustrated by it.

Play the guys that want to play and by "want to play" I mean constantly give you effort.

Go Gophers!!

The play that enraged me the most last night.

Loose ball rolling away from Westbook.

He jogs toward the ball with one eye on basket at the other end of the wide open court in front of him.

He bends down try to start the dribble before even establishing possession...both eyes now on the basket.

But wait, what's this? A Michigan player comes DIVING in to get the loose ball. Then another. Then a Gopher on top of them.

All the while, Westbrook is standing in shock, waiting for the ball to pop out so he can run down and score.

Laziest play I've seen all season. He should've been benched for the game after that.

sure that was westy? cuz i think that was bostick...and tubby benched him right after

It was Bostick, not Westbrook. Right in front of the Gopher bench.

sure that was westy? cuz i think that was bostick...and tubby benched him right after

I think there was more than one loose ball that we did not get after. The most blatant one was Bostick's but I seem to remember the one with Westy near the half court line as well.

No, this was Westbook. This play happened right in from of Sid and Myron.

But Sid didn't see it...he was too busy squeezing it while staring at Bobby.

Westbrook had a rebound and basket late in the second half. Joseph had a drive in the lane and passed it out to Hoffarber for three. Those were two plays that gave me hope that they could come back. Inside play disappeared in the second half last night, that includes RS, Johnson, and Carter. Other than free throws they did nothing.

Top Bottom