West Virginia approves alcohol sales at stadium

Whenever I read posts on here about alcohol, I feel like we are heading back to the prohibition era. The way some people view alcohol as though it is a substance that turns people into lawless hooligans is so over the top. But MN is known as a nanny state and controlling one's behavior would include limiting one's access to alchol.

Whenever I read posts on here about alcohol, I feel like we are heading back to the prohibition era. The way some people view alcohol as though it is a substance that turns people into lawless hooligans is so over the top. But MN is known as a nanny state and controlling one's behavior would include limiting one's access to alchol.

I dont understand why people go out and whine about no alcohol at TCF. Do you go out and whine that mcdonalds doesn't sell it? Do you go out and whine when best buy doesn't sell it.

You complain about a nanny state and then when the u of m makes the decision as an institution to not sell alcohol you expect something to be done to force them to sell. You are in favor of a nanny state.

You complain about a nanny state and then when the u of m makes the decision as an institution to not sell alcohol you expect something to be done to force them to sell. You are in favor of a nanny state.

To be fair, he never says he wants the U forced to sell beer. It appears to me that he simply wants them to change their mind on the issue.

I dont understand why people go out and whine about no alcohol at TCF. Do you go out and whine that mcdonalds doesn't sell it? Do you go out and whine when best buy doesn't sell it.

McDonalds could sell beer. Applebees and Fuddruckers seem to offer it without much problem. The nanny state is probably the reason they don't as they'd have to pay for a liquor license and whatnot.

On the whole. I think the alcohol laws in this state and country suck. But I am not going to push for the u of m to implement a policy that would make them the only school in their conference to do so. I am not going to push for the u of m to do something that they themselves have determined is not in their best interest.

I know why some restaurants don't sell alcohol. And I am saying, if you are going to whine that the u of m doesn't, you should whine when those places don't too.

It's an economic decision. The u of m determined that they could make X dollars from alcohol. But they determined the costs are greater than X (and the costs are not just monetary, they are also social and political)

If you've ever been to Morgantown, you KNOW this is a really bad decision...

Nobody there needs encouragement.

I have actually. I did notice, that they sell liquor in convenience stores. Which, is pretty darn convenient. Pack of Marlboro reds, bottle of Jim Beam, and a Slim Jim. One stop shopping.

Nah. We aren't looking for a nanny to bail us out. We are looking for the store manager to let him know we are demanding a product that is available at many sports venues. This is a popular beverage in social situations. What company on earth ever complains about customer feedback. Well, here it is...

As for this is the "wrong forum", any solid organization monitors customer feedback on public forums.

I have actually. I did notice, that they sell liquor in convenience stores. Which, is pretty darn convenient. Pack of Marlboro reds, bottle of Jim Beam, and a Slim Jim. One stop shopping.

Complete West Virginia Thanksgiving dinner right there. ;) Don't forget the Pitt game is the next day. Get matches for the couch

Nah. We aren't looking for a nanny to bail us out. We are looking for the store manager to let him know we are demanding a product that is available at many sports venues. This is a popular beverage in social situations. What company on earth ever complains about customer feedback. Well, here it is...

As for this is the "wrong forum", any solid organization monitors customer feedback on public forums.

Apparently 83% of "D-I Football Store Managers" have no problem ignoring this feedback.

Top Bottom