Were was Ralph?

ski-u-mah

Reaction score
Sorry, tried finding it in a thread. What did I miss? (other than the first half)

Hurt in practice. He was hobbling on the sidelines. I do not expect him to play in the tournament, although announcers stated he might play.

RT @NSandell: RSIII said the decision not to play was a combo of pain & an understanding of the perimeter style NW plays.

I agree with Doogie...WOW on the 2nd part. Your senior captain no less.

RT @NSandell: RSIII said the decision not to play was a combo of pain & an understanding of the perimeter style NW plays.

What did Doogie say?

I would guess the "perimeter style of play" comment was in regards to it being more difficult for a big man to play on a bad knee when he's going to have to guard players 20 feet out on the court.

The one thing I didn't care for from Dakich today was he sure seemed to insinuate with his vocal tone that Ralph should be playing in this game.

If Ralph isn't 100% he shouldn't be playing. Period. It would be a real shame if a senior has to finish his career sidelined, but let's not focus on being macho and tough and focus on what's best for the team. If Ralph is limping up and down the court it hurts the team and he should not be playing.

I would guess the "perimeter style of play" comment was in regards to it being more difficult for a big man to play on a bad knee when he's going to have to guard players 20 feet out on the court.

The one thing I didn't care for from Dakich today was he sure seemed to insinuate with his vocal tone that Ralph should be playing in this game.

Playing dinged up or with heart and desire is below him. He needs to ride the pines and let EE show floor sweeping hustle for loose balls, ect. Good luck in Europe RS3.....You can't coach speed or heart/desire. What a waste of a body. Dre can play!

I understand what he's saying, but he should have worded it different. Those words don't sound good coming from a captain. I hope he can play against Michigan.

What I want to see in this situation is a player chomping at the bits telling the coach he is ready to go and the coach with his medical staff making the decision that the limitations from the injury dictate that the team would be better off going with a healthy player.

Playing dinged up or with heart and desire is below him. He needs to ride the pines and let EE show floor sweeping hustle for loose balls, ect. Good luck in Europe RS3.....You can't coach speed or heart/desire. What a waste of a body. Dre can play!
You're a waste of a body. Insulting one of only 3 kids to stick out 4 years under Tubby because he doesn't think playing hurt in a game where he will have to guard Shurna the full length of the court pretty much is a smart idea. It was likely the best thing for the team for Ralph to not play in this game if he isn't 100%.

We didn't need Sampson against NW...it is a bad match up even if he is 100%...tonight against MI, we can't win without him...our guards can't contain their guards and we need Ralph swatting shots and slowing down their penetration...we have to force MI into a perimeter game and then pray they don't shoot less than 40% from the floor...if we do that, we can win. I don't see how we can that for a full 40 minutes without RSIII tonight.

I like how telling a guy good luck in Europe is an insult, as though making a large sum of money playing basketball somewhere besides the NBA is just the ultimate diss lol.

This was not a game for Ralph, a big man with a bum knee does not need to be running around chasing a guy like Shurna. I'm not surprised he took a seat.

Playing dinged up or with heart and desire is below him. He needs to ride the pines and let EE show floor sweeping hustle for loose balls, ect. Good luck in Europe RS3.....

What you don't think MJ's trainer can get him in NBA form?

Top Bottom