Went to Wisconsin/Akron today

MNfootballfan

Reaction score
My wife and I are in Madison today and we had some down time. I figured I would get my football fix by becoming an Akron Zip fan and attend the zip/badger game. A couple thoughts from the stadium experience.

- showed in game highlights after every play. Did they improve this at TCF today?
- Wisconsin fumbled the ball and ref ruled Akron ball. On the video board the replay was shown at a minimum of five times. They even stopped the video where it clearly showed the RB down with ball still in hand.
- no replays from last year
- they had a live look in at other Big Ten games
- on scoreboard it showed WIAC game scores a couple of times. I thought it was a nice touch and would love TCF to flash MIAC and NSIC scores once or twice... sure would be better than the same highlights of last season
- their student section controls the entire crowd, it was quite interesting to watch. Not sure I get into constant chants with the F bomb, etc
- I'm so glad we have a new stadium. Camp Randall is a dive. Concourses are confusing, horrible sight lines (and I was in end zone outside student section), felt like I was a long ways from the field, but the porta potties are a nice touch.
- I miss watching games at TCF, we may not have the biggest stadium, but we do have a beautiful place to watch college football and I'm very thankful for that

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

You do not have the biggest stadium and it is a beautiful stadium but today it was half full compared to where you where.

My wife and I are in Madison today and we had some down time. I figured I would get my football fix by becoming an Akron Zip fan and attend the zip/badger game. A couple thoughts from the stadium experience. - showed in game highlights after every play. Did they improve this at TCF today? - Wisconsin fumbled the ball and ref ruled Akron ball. On the video board the replay was shown at a minimum of five times. They even stopped the video where it clearly showed the RB down with ball still in hand. - no replays from last year - they had a live look in at other Big Ten games - on scoreboard it showed WIAC game scores a couple of times. I thought it was a nice touch and would love TCF to flash MIAC and NSIC scores once or twice... sure would be better than the same highlights of last season - their student section controls the entire crowd, it was quite interesting to watch. Not sure I get into constant chants with the F bomb, etc - I'm so glad we have a new stadium. Camp Randall is a dive. Concourses are confusing, horrible sight lines (and I was in end zone outside student section), felt like I was a long ways from the field, but the porta potties are a nice touch. - I miss watching games at TCF, we may not have the biggest stadium, but we do have a beautiful place to watch college football and I'm very thankful for that Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Thankfully they showed replays today.

You do not have the biggest stadium and it is a beautiful stadium but today it was half full compared to where you where.

Your stadium was half full compared to the game at Bristol speedway.

What's your point, you horrible drunk?

That is pretty brave. It would never cross my mind to go to Wisconsin on purpose. At best it is an average place to take a dump on the way to Chicago.

My wife and I are in Madison today and we had some down time. I figured I would get my football fix by becoming an Akron Zip fan and attend the zip/badger game. A couple thoughts from the stadium experience.

- showed in game highlights after every play. Did they improve this at TCF today?
- Wisconsin fumbled the ball and ref ruled Akron ball. On the video board the replay was shown at a minimum of five times. They even stopped the video where it clearly showed the RB down with ball still in hand.
- no replays from last year
- they had a live look in at other Big Ten games
- on scoreboard it showed WIAC game scores a couple of times. I thought it was a nice touch and would love TCF to flash MIAC and NSIC scores once or twice... sure would be better than the same highlights of last season
- their student section controls the entire crowd, it was quite interesting to watch. Not sure I get into constant chants with the F bomb, etc
- I'm so glad we have a new stadium. Camp Randall is a dive. Concourses are confusing, horrible sight lines (and I was in end zone outside student section), felt like I was a long ways from the field, but the porta potties are a nice touch.
- I miss watching games at TCF, we may not have the biggest stadium, but we do have a beautiful place to watch college football and I'm very thankful for that

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

They did everything so completely back to normal. Had the B1G live look in...etc. Plenty of replays and highlights (a lot to show, too!) so there must have been a different crew working last game.

They did everything so completely back to normal. Had the B1G live look in...etc. Plenty of replays and highlights (a lot to show, too!) so there must have been a different crew working last game.

Most of the normal video and gameday crew were working the Vikings game last week because they pay more. 60% of the in-stadium hospitality crew did not show up last week because they were working the Vikings game...because they pay more.

Almost all of the normal crew were back at TCF yesterday.

These are small subtle ways that people don't think about but these things add up in how the Vikings negatively impact the Gophers.

Most of the normal video and gameday crew were working the Vikings game last week because they pay more. 60% of the in-stadium hospitality crew did not show up last week because they were working the Vikings game...because they pay more.

Almost all of the normal crew were back at TCF yesterday.

These are small subtle ways that people don't think about but these things add up in how the Vikings negatively impact the Gophers.
I'm one that wasn't aware of these things.

Top Bottom