Well done Tubby

bga1

Reaction score
Great night at the Barn. Tubby had the guys ready and playing with confidence. And he made adjustments on D and with the lineup. This was great to see. Worth the season tickets being inthe Barn tonight and seeing the red shirts in the crowd tuck their tails and slink out. Well done Tubby! Well done Gophers!

Absolutely agree bga1. Tubby once again out-coached Ryan tonight. We made some great in-game adjustments, stuck with a zone that we rarely play and of course playing Ralph and Colt together made a big difference. Obviously coaches look great/bad when players make/miss shots, but it was clear that our two big men made a big difference with the way we clogged the lane and rebounded so well.

It's been YEARS since we've seen a coach flip out like Ryan did in the last 10 minutes of the first half. He was completely out of control and I couldn't believe he waited for the refs to walk down the stairs to the locker room at half.

Tubby is 3-2 vs. Bo Ryan. It's nice to have this as a rivalry again.

Go Gophers!!

Agreed, guys. I missed the first ten minutes of the game, and after the last few weeks of Big Ten play I admit I was bracing myself as I turned on my TV. I think the Gophers were up by 3 then, but the thing I immediately noticed was the guys flying around in the zone. Later in the game they gave up a few uncontested threes, but it definitely seemed like the scheme and the intensity disrupted the Badgers. I don't recall seeing a Badger with the ball anywhere near the elbows without two or three defenders swarming. The ball was either around the perimeter or way down on the baseline, well outside the lane.

Fun to watch! Love beating Bo and the Badgers!

Absolutely agree bga1. Tubby once again out-coached Ryan tonight. We made some great in-game adjustments, stuck with a zone that we rarely play and of course playing Ralph and Colt together made a big difference. Obviously coaches look great/bad when players make/miss shots, but it was clear that our two big men made a big difference with the way we clogged the lane and rebounded so well.

It's been YEARS since we've seen a coach flip out like Ryan did in the last 10 minutes of the first half. He was completely out of control and I couldn't believe he waited for the refs to walk down the stairs to the locker room at half.

Tubby is 3-2 vs. Bo Ryan. It's nice to have this as a rivalry again.

Go Gophers!!

That was fun. I thought Ryan was going to get the hook. Odd thing was that he had a fair number of calls go his way early in the game, yet he still blew his cork on the one call. Good to see the Refs stand up to Ryan- he gets away with murder.

Top Bottom