Welcome home Jake Dietchler

JohnnyGopher

Reaction score
To the MN Wrestling Community from Jason Deitchler,
I wanted to answer some rumors floating around about Jake’s upcoming changes.

We are very excited to announce that Jake will be moving back to MN and will wrestling for the UofM. We have been working through this decision with him for a couple months now and we are very excited for this next step in his wrestling career.

He has loved the training and the coaching staff at the Olympic Training Center and has appreciated his time out there. He has had some great experiences while training and competing in Russia, Sweden, Turkey, Cuba and China, which have helped him tremendously. But Jake has missed being a part of the MN wrestling community. He is excited to come back to MN and get to work at being the best he can be in the Gopher wrestling room and to work at getting a college degree. We have been talking with the UofM coaches and are working through any eligibility issues. I am pleased to report that everything has progressed very smoothly and we are very excited to have Jake get back here later this spring and to start the UofM in the Fall of 2009. Jake knows he will be starting out at the bottom and nothing will be given to him and for him to succeed he will have to work his butt off to be able to compete with some of the best athletes in the nation.

So with that all said; I wanted to say Jake has really appreciated the OTC Coaches and Staff especially Steve and Momir, for what they have done to help him this past year. And he is very excited to start working with the UofM Coaches and wrestling Team. We definitely agree with Jake, that this is the best move for his wrestling career at this time. Thank you to everyone that has supported him in the past, it is very much appreciated.

We look forward to seeing the Gopher Wrestling team challenge for another National Championship!!!

Thanks
Jason Deitchler

http://z7.invisionfree.com/The_Guillotine_Forum/index.php?showtopic=22707

This is great news!! Thanks for posting Johnny!

Hopefully Jake developed as a person and a wrestler over the past year and is fired up to finally be a Gopher. The expectations will be high, but I'm sure he wouldn't want it any other way.

Go Gophers!!

awesome news....

...i don't like seeing our boys finish middle of the big ten. As you said...hopefully this starts a trend back to the Big Ten and National Title.

GM

Wrestling Team Re-loaded

The Gopher wrestling room will be full of top recruits and experienced wrestlers this fall and will be much closer to the top next season. With Iowa and ISU both bringing back almost complete senior lineups for 2009-2010 they had better take advantage because Minnesota will be re-stocked and ready to replace them the following 4 seasons. Next season will be a fun season to watch the new talent gain experience and challenge the Hawkeyes and Cyclones.

Top Bottom