Welcome Full-Time Coach

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
I understand Coach Kill is back today from Illinois for good. Time to get to work on setting the tone for Gopher football going forward.

Get those worthy kids that "bleed maroon & gold" committed.

This seasoned roster has the potential to do great things in year #1.

I would like to for him to start officially hiring his staff, particularly the coordinators.

He already hired the coordinators, the same one's that were with him at NIU, it just hasn't be officially announced yet. It's already official though that they won't be with NIU for the bowl game so they should be here today for the recruiting weekend.

It looks like the rest of his staff besides the coordinators will coach NIU in their bowl game, then most of them will come over here.

It looks like the rest of his staff besides the coordinators will coach NIU in their bowl game, then most of them will come over here.

I just hope his main two guys (OC, DC) come with him. I believe they will, but he has had success with them in the past. No reason to go away from them now.

Welcome Coach Kill, cozy up in your office, get down to business. Good Luck!

I like the hire more and more, as any informed gopher fan should.
The systems he runs are fun to watch and should be an exciting brand of football to keep fairweather types interested until the wins start coming.
I no longer fear unbelievable gameday meltdowns or FCS losses. if nothing else, this is a comfort I will hold until proven wrong.

The recruiting is the only factor of concern, and I think it will be addressed soon. Kill seems well connected in the coaching ranks, has been recruiting at top high schools and JUCO colleges for a long time, and seemingly has the desire to do the footwork. If he can get solid talent from the speed states, we'll be fine.

I'm interested in who he selects for a recruiting coordinator and who he brings in to coach the Dline and QB's, which by most accounts will not be coming from the NIU staff.

The next few weeks should be exciting to watch and analyze, I think this hire has the potential to build structure to the recruiting/hype based program Brewster left, the talent that remains will be coached up and molded to a specific system, and the hype will be downplayed externally, but still sold to recruits in the form of the new stadium and solid wins against 2 of our recruiting competitors. Don't think Kill's Chicago/Illinois and Missouri/kansas pipelines won't be reminded who beat Illinois and Iowa at the end of the season.

Go Gophers!

Top Bottom