Weekend Wrapup

mnboiler

Resident Purdue Expert
Reaction score
O$U sneeks another one out, Purdue handles MSU, NW forgets to show up, Michigan is unfamiliar with any shot inside the 3 point line, and finally IU sets basketball back a decade. Anyone with thoughts on the weekend that was in B10 basketball? Who looked good, who looked bad, what players stood out?

Games:
- OSU's win was BIG. winning against the top teams on the road is and will be the theme of the contenders this season.
- By the same logic, Purdue's handling of Mich St should be expected for them, great for them to get back on track with the W. On the other side of the coin, its almost February. Izzo's squad needs to start winning some games or they are in trouble.
- Hoff played great, and he will need to continue stepping up as a senior leader in Nolen's absence. Hopefully MN can weather the storm until he returns - we should beat NW without him and I couldn't have seen us winning at Purdue with him. Would be nice if at the minimum he was back for home game vs. Illinois (Feb 10)
-I didn't see any of the Iowa/Indiana game. I was surprised Iowa won but even more surprised at the total points scored (91-77). WOW.

Random:
-JJ is the real deal for Purdue. Their role players were exceptional yesterday also.
-Mich St's shooters need to step up.
-Michigan will be good in two years but only if JB recruits a somewhat decent post presence by them. Their rebounding is embarrassing.
-John Shurna is not healthy, and NW is not very good without him.
-I really like and respect Talor Battle, and I find myself rooting for Penn St. (although obviously not against us)
-Has Wisconsin played a game this year that was even mildly interesting to watch?
-Go Gophers!

I think JuJuan Johnson and Sullinger will fight it out for Big 10 POY. MSU has to be the biggest disappointment thus far. Mbakwe making a case for 1st Team All Big 10 even though Blake has been our MVP. Tan Tom better get it going soon at IU. Spilt milk but what would this Gopher team look like with Leuer, Jordan Taylor and Royce? Ouch...

I think JuJuan Johnson and Sullinger will fight it out for Big 10 POY. MSU has to be the biggest disappointment thus far. Mbakwe making a case for 1st Team All Big 10 even though Blake has been our MVP. Tan Tom better get it going soon at IU. Spilt milk but what would this Gopher team look like with Leuer, Jordan Taylor and Royce? Ouch...

With Leuer and Taylor, Gophers are Big Ten Champions.

Glad to see Iowa get a win (and not against the Gophers).

Seems like NW has quit twice now, against Wisconsin and Illinois. Three times the charm, hope they fail to show up against the Gophers.

Can't figure MSU out Penn State out.

Injuries are becoming important with Al out, Verdell Jones out, etc.

Northwestern and Indiana did not look good.

I sure hope when we play Purdue they don't have a first half like they did against MSU. We have to steal a good win on the road. Saturday's game scared me for next Saturday especially without Nolen.

I'm anxious to see the Purdue/Ohio State game on Tuesday.

McCamey played a terrible game. He got schooled by OSU freshman Craft.

Craft is really good. He makes OSU much better when he's on the floor. Melsahn Basabe is playing great as well. He's going to be a star.

I think JuJuan Johnson and Sullinger will fight it out for Big 10 POY

Have to go with Johnson. Much more important to his team imo.

Games:

-Has Wisconsin played a game this year that was even mildly interesting to watch?
-Go Gophers!

They beat the Gophers 68-60. That must have been interesting because you were presumably cheering for the team that lost.

They beat the Gophers 68-60. That must have been interesting because you were presumably cheering for the team that lost.

75378-TrollFace.png

I would be very pleased to see a rage comic on the Badgers.

Top Bottom