Weekend visitor

Off-GridTNgopher

Reaction score
this weekend it sounds like Jamel Harbison is coming in town for a visit per scout:

Mallard Creek (N.C.) wide receiver Jamel Haribson and the Mavericks have been off to a hot start to this year. On Tuesday night they took on the Phillip O. Berry Academy of Technology Cardinals. GoldenSports.net was able to catch up with Haribson to recap his game and his plans for his weekend visit to Minnesota.

http://minnesota.scout.com/a.z?s=176&p=8&c=1&nid=5206951
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jamel-Harbison-119844

i know hes been high on the gophers for awhile now, but it would be nice to lock him up this weekend

Man, what a disgusting offer list. The Gophers should be embarrassed to go after someone with only 6 BCS offers.

Man, what a disgusting offer list. The Gophers should be embarrassed to go after someone with only 6 BCS offers.

And no Western Michigan offer. WTF. He can't be any good!

Who else is visiting this weekend.

I have only seen Harbison's name as visiting this weekend but is there more?

We need to really finish this class of with a few more players rated a little higher who have better offer lists to compliment the rest of the class that isn't rated very highly. I would really like to land Dion Witty, Terry Harden, Harbison, Chance Allen, Barrington moss and Jean Marc Charles.

You thought that too?

Kill sucks at recruiting. Period.

/sarcasm off
/impersonating Mustang Mountain Man off

He's actually ranked higher on ESPN than McDonald.

Harbison is one of those guys that really grows on you as an explosive, yet thickly built wide receiver that can play on the inside or outside. He has great feet and acceleration skills which may give him the appearance he is slightly faster than he really is. However, he is plenty fast enough for the BCS level. Is very quick given his size, shows good burst off the line and has the ability to be a factor in all three phases of the passing game. Displays a great combination of reliable hands and the speed to turn any reception into a touchdown. Catches the football in a crowd and has the courage and toughness to take a hit after the reception. Very efficient at making the play on the seam route, deep curl and dig route. Is a big target and fairly polished route runner. Keeps feet and can tip-toe the sideline. Shows the ability to turn back and catch the football thrown behind him. Makes defenders miss in the open field and has the hips to elude tacklers and gain valuable YAC. Has even flashed the ability to win some footraces you were not sure he could. He plays football fast, probably better than he would time out. He has very strong hands and great focus in traffic and on the jump ball. Body control and knack for coming down with the ball in contested match-ups is very good. Harbison is a pretty polished guy. Film study indicates he could see his stock rise and become a hotter commodity as a senior. Nice prospect.

And no Western Michigan offer. WTF. He can't be any good!

That's been pretty funny but it does raise a question.

""When I was at Southern Illinois University, I had a coach from another school tell a kid, 'Hey, don't go to that guy, he's got cancer, he's not going to be here. He's not going to be at that school; he's not supposed to live,' " Kill said.

"Now, how about that? It happens."

Kill said he confronted the opposing coach.

"You know what? Boy, he ducked his head," Kill said. "And I said, 'That's all right, you're young. And I'm not going to hold it against you.

" 'But I'm going to tell you what — I'm going to be around a long time, and I'm going to whip your butt!'

"And we did. They didn't beat us after that, either."

Kill declined to reveal the school.

per shooter
http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_...nclick_check=1"

The question is did Kill play against the present Western Michigan coach? :)

It would be awesome if the Gophers end up in a route like they should that someone in the student section starts a We Want Harbison chant. Man that would fire me up if I was that recruit.

Didn't Harbison announce about a month back that he was likely to make a decision soon?

Didn't Harbison announce about a month back that he was likely to make a decision soon?

He mentioned tonight in the War Room on GI that he was mightily impressed with the Gophs lat saturday and that if the visit goes well he can see himself possibly committing this weekend.THat's an upgrade from last week when he mentioned it was unlikely he would commit after his visit. Great news! Let's show the kid a great time and reel him in this week. He would be a huge get for Kill and the boys.

I don't think you could ask for a better weekend between the weather and the free tickets in the dorms the student section should get filled up. I think if we can just have a fun blowout win that gets the crowd rocking we should be able to pencil him in as a signing come February.

I don't think you could ask for a better weekend between the weather and the free tickets in the dorms the student section should get filled up. I think if we can just have a fun blowout win that gets the crowd rocking we should be able to pencil him in as a signing come February.

This is the second time I have seen the words "free tickets in the dorms" used, and I'm wondering, what exactly does this mean? Do students who don't want to go just leave their tickets out? Do they just let students in for free? Is it just a saying or hyperbole or something? Thank you to whomever can clear this up.

This is the second time I have seen the words "free tickets in the dorms" used, and I'm wondering, what exactly does this mean? Do students who don't want to go just leave their tickets out? Do they just let students in for free? Is it just a saying or hyperbole or something? Thank you to whomever can clear this up.

The U sent out flyers, I guess, to all students in the dorms saying to bring in the flyer to the ticket office and they get a free ticket to the student section this weekend.

On Wednesday I believe, in all the mailboxes at the dorms they got a flyer with a coupon on the bottom. You can bring the coupon to the ticket office at the bank to redeem it for a student ticket to either the NMSU game or the Miami (ohio) game. You can only redeem it the day of the game. So with the nice weather I am willing to bet they will get a lot of students redeeming them this weekend.

I actually like the idea. Get them in, then let them have fun and hope some at least will buy tickets....

On Wednesday I believe, in all the mailboxes at the dorms they got a flyer with a coupon on the bottom. You can bring the coupon to the ticket office at the bank to redeem it for a student ticket to either the NMSU game or the Miami (ohio) game. You can only redeem it the day of the game. So with the nice weather I am willing to bet they will get a lot of students redeeming them this weekend.

I actually like the idea. Get them in, then let them have fun and hope some at least will buy tickets....

Oh, wow, I need to go check my mailbox then. I think I'll just buy a ticket to this game, seeing as it will likely be the cheapest game of the season, and go to next week's game free. Thanks for telling me this!

I sure hope the Gophers land Harbison.
I think he'd be an incredible asset to the team.

I sure hope the Gophers land Harbison.
I think he'd be an incredible asset to the team.

DITTO.

The Gophers are on the verge of great things. Imagine if Coach Kill can land both Harbison and McDonald. That will be something special.

Harbison would be a great get! Between Nelson, Leidner, and Shortell we're definetely set at QB for the future. Between Kirkwood, Edwards, and Cobb (I won't comment on Rodrick Williams yet) we're definetely set at RB for the future. With Greje, the Olsons, Isaac Hayes, Pirsig, and the McCoys we are for sure set on the O-Line. And receiver....Marcus Jones and Moulton will be good in a few years. DCT will probably turn out to be pretty good. Let's hope Fruechte will turn out decent. But overall, the receivers don't look as set for the future as the rest of the offense.

Top Bottom